Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So PenFed for PLOC does not like me

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

So PenFed for PLOC does not like me

Second time in the last 12 months no success for the PLOC I guess they don't wanna give me it ,
nextgen fico 724

I do have the power card with 26k 6 months old and the promise card with 17k 15 months old total cl is 42k
since I anyway took the credit pull for the PLOC should I apply for a cli ? To get the total PenFed cl 50k
My utilization is zero and 22 month old bk

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So PenFed for PLOC does not like me

@kugel wrote:
Second time in the last 12 months no success for the PLOC I guess they don't wanna give me it ,
nextgen fico 724

I do have the power card with 26k 6 months old and the promise card with 17k 15 months old total cl is 42k
since I anyway took the credit pull for the PLOC should I apply for a cli ? To get the total PenFed cl 50k

Zero utilization will not give you optimal scores. One card should report 1-8%.

With a 22 month old BK, you should be greatful they have extended you 42k. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So PenFed for PLOC does not like me

@Anonymous wrote:

@kugel wrote:
nextgen fico 724

Zero utilization will not give you optimal scores. One card should report 1-8%.

With a 22 month old BK, you should be greatful they have extended you 42k. 

+1 the fact that you obtained two, high limit cards with PenFed at all, let alone with a less-than-two-year-old bankruptcy just goes to show how much PenFed has changed in recent years. They have become a lot less conservative. I'd say you are doing pretty good with those two cards. If you absolutely need a PLOC, maybe try another institution as PenFed has extended all the credt to you that they are willing to give at the moment. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.