cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somewhere I can go to search individual bank's savings APY yearly history over a period of time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Somewhere I can go to search individual bank's savings APY yearly history over a period of time

Goldman Sachs was definitely not in consumer banking very long ago, I don't believe they even had consumer savings accounts before 2016.

CIT Bank ("CIT Group") filed bankruptcy during the housing market crash around 2008 or 2009.  They left consumer banking for a number of years and were even de-listed from the S&P 500.  At some point in recent years they went through the hoops to acquire a different consumer bank to re-enter the field, I believe they acquired One West but I could be wrong on that.  The acquisition was done in either 2015 or 2016 when they re-entered the consumer market.  I don't believe they had public offers for savings before that acquisition and merger, so you may want to track down the date of the official merger or look at One West's history as it's feasible CIT Bank operated as One West (or whoever they acquired) before the merger was complete.

As for Google, I just did the normal stuff but I also use a VPN to mask my location so search results aren't tied to that.  It's feasible that local results are hiding some of the same results I'm getting!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Somewhere I can go to search individual bank's savings APY yearly history over a period of time

Hmm, I just checked a banking regulatory site I subscribe to and it looks like CIT Bank actually DID provide deposit accounts even during their long drawn out bankruptcy process, so I guess those rates should show up somewhere but the records I have ended in 2009 and started up again in 2016.  I guess they may have changed product and I'd have to find the old product name to see if I can pull those rates up.  I don't see them on any public-facing website though.  That IS annoying. 

I should also mention that I hate CIT Bank -- they're impossible to withdraw from sometimes.  Lots of angry folks with their money tied up for weeks.  Just my opinion.

If it helps any, One West's savings graph is here: https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/onewest-bank-pasadena.html#a56798

CIT Bank started acquisition in 2014.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help up to this point ABC. It really has been helpful and help save me tremedous time. I did do a lot of research and have not been able to find some of the stuff you said.

I suppose from here on out, I will have to personally call banks to get the APY rates for each year going back 5 years (2014). On the phone with Goldman Sachs now. Been on hold 12 minutes now. I called them earlier this morning and was on hold about 20 minutes before I hung up. I thought maybe something was wrong. Trying a second time now but it looks like the same problem.

Edit: still on hold with Goldman Sachs - it has been over 1 hour and 2 minutes. This is what I was trying to avoid (having to call each bank for historic rates and having to deal with wait times). Please, if anyone has a link to a yearly APY rate for Goldman Sachs, I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.