Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Department FCU

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

State Department FCU

deny for a share savings account...what kinda crap is that!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Department FCU

The only thing I can think of is that you are not a member of one of the organizations required to join, or they couldn't verify it for whatever reason.

https://www.sdfcu.org/join

Its a pretty wide, but specific list. As active duty military, I don't even qualify to join.

Did you put ACC on your application if you didn't qualify through one of the approved organizations? I think you have to give to a charity.

You may join SDFCU if you are an employee of The Department of State or one of the following organizations. Additionally, as a consumer, you may be eligible to join our credit union through the American Consumer Council (ACC), a nonprofit advocacy group. When opening your SDFCU account you will need to choose ACC on your application.

Message 2 of 7
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

You can join (or at least you used to) the ACC for free.   I believe they SP your EX CR and check ChexSys.  If your ChexSys report is not clean I could see that as a reason to deny you membership.  Did they give a reason why they denied?

Message 3 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

You can join (or at least you used to) the ACC for free.   I believe they SP your EX CR and check ChexSys.  If your ChexSys report is not clean I could see that as a reason to deny you membership.  Did they give a reason why they denied?

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Chexsystem is clean....never had an issue before. But called in and did another application over the phone was approved.

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Chexsystem is clean....never had an issue before. But called in and did another application over the phone was approved.

Congrats!

Did they happen to mention what your application may have gotten hung on last time?

Message 6 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Thought it was approved but not so much...."couldn't verify identity" probably should have paid to join ACC then app for membership 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.