Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock market learning game/simulator?

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Stock market learning game/simulator?

Can anyone reccomend a good stock market simulator learning game?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Stock market learning game/simulator?

Just to add...I'm talking, like, someplace (website or app) you can have a fake account, with fake money, and you can (learn how to) invest it and learn about different types of stocks and bonds and all that jazz...which connects to the real stock market, so your account grows and shrinks along with the real market.  Know what I mean?

*edited for the horrible typos

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 2 of 8
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Ah, Investopedia looks like it has a good one.

Still open to other suggestions though.

Message 3 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I'm excited to try this!! Thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I'm excited to try this!! Thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Me too Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I started dabbling with stocks I used Motley Fool's investment tool. It's sort of like a game I guess. Link - http://caps.fool.com/

Basically you get to select stocks and see how you do based on your selections and the real market. Not used it in many years, but I used it along with other resources to get myself comfortable with investing before I swapped from a passive investment (target date funds/index funds) to an active investment (stocks) strategy. 

Message 6 of 8
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Thinkorswim

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/client/index.jsp

They use to have a good paper trading platform. I'd bet they still do. It saved me tons of money learning to trade futures. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Investopedia's platform is pretty good. It's even better because every term is a search away for you to define. You can used Yahoo! Finance as well. I used to spend a lot of time on it before opening my brokerage account, but that was back when it was still on the interface of the 2000s. I used to use Yahoo! Finance charts for technical analysis and it was pretty good too. I don't know how it is right now. Sort of abandoned Yahoo! as a whole since it overhauled its look a few years ago. I'm pretty sure Bloomberg and Morningstar have good platforms as well too. Best of luck. Let us know if you have any questions.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.