cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Navy Federal credit gods have finally shown Austin, TX metro area mercy...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Navy Federal credit gods have finally shown Austin, TX metro area mercy...

For all of you that live in central Texas in and around the Austin, TX metro area you know two things. 

The closest PenFed and NFCU branches are (depending on where you live exactly) between 1 1/4 hours to 1 3/4 hours drive one-way from the Austin, TX metro area. Killeen/Ft. Hood or San Antonio.

I had to drive 2 1/2 hours RT today for a large almost 5-digit cashier's check for business and the almost Disney-like happy workers at the branch told me (4 different women including a manager) that for the first time in Austin, Texas's 181 years in existence Navy Federal is finally going to be opening a full branch in Round Rock, TX (15 miles north of DT Austin) by the end of 2017 and also possibly building a second branch in south Austin. This made my month. Smiley Very Happy

And you know if NFCU comes PenFed will be here with their first branch within 6-12 months after them. 

Merry NFCU Christmas. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: The Navy Federal credit gods have finally shown Austin, TX metro area mercy...

Good to hear. I just wish they'd show Houston/Galveston some mercy too. My closest branch is Corpus
Message 2 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: The Navy Federal credit gods have finally shown Austin, TX metro area mercy...

@rmduhon wrote:
Good to hear. I just wish they'd show Houston/Galveston some mercy too. My closest branch is Corpus

Me too! 😩 Congrats though CL on your new upcoming branch. That's pretty sweet!

Message 3 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It'd still be about an hours drive for me but that'd be better than 3 hours
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo congrats!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I wish they open one also where I'm at. The nearest branch to me isn't that bad. It's about 30 miles from me near the Naval base. Seeing as there are about 4 actual NFCU ATMs within a mile of me, I don't know why they don't just open up a branch here in the city.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add the branch manager told me that for NFCU to open a new branch anywhere in the country that city/area must have already have an existing 10,000 NFCU members! Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

**bleep**. Wonder how many are in my general area. Because I don't have that many family members to make join. Lol
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news! I can visit my girls and visit the credit unions! Win Win! Thanks for sharing!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.