cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of opening a 360 account or DCU?

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Thinking of opening a 360 account or DCU?

I have been thinking of opening a Cap 1 360 account.  Recently, I have not been too impressed with my local FCU.  When it first opened in the early 90s there was only one small main branch, which has turned into what looks like a mansion after all the additions they made to it.  Additionally, there are over 15 branches that have opened through the years.  As a result the customer focus and service, I belive has gone down hill.  A recent trip to one of the smaller remote branches has proved this to me.  I actually walked out because the "teller" who was not even behind the counter told me I HAD to use the phone teller system and talk to someone remotely through video chat and a teller machine.  I was like " I dont want to use the machine, I just want to deposit my checks at the counter" and she replied "well the automated teller is all we have right now....its part of our staffing".  I walked out.  I wanted to withdraw my money and close the account because she had me so irritated with the way she handled the whole experience.  LOL.  I am venting through a forum.  Funny.

Anyway....my questions are

1.  Does Cap 1 360 pull all three CRAs like they do when you apply for credit?

2.  Does anyone who has 360 enjoy the customer service, benfits, and ease of use?

3.  How is Cap 1s customer service?  I currently have a CC, but never had to call in.

I am thinking of applying for an auto refinance and already have their CC, so I thought it would be very easy to manage everything if I had a 360 account.  On the same token, I have heard DCU is also a good choice.

Thoughts, suggestions, answers to questions aforementioned?

THANKS!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking of opening a 360 account

Do it! I opened both checking and savings a couple weeks ago to get the $100 signup bonus for each and am now considering switching all my banking to them full time, especially since I found you can make cash deposits at some of their ATMs.
Their CS is American and extremely helpful.
You can have only 1 checking account but multiple savings accounts.

Message 2 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Thinking of opening a 360 account

This isn't really cap one specific but online banks I think are very useful for a lot of people unless you need to talk to Banker in person for whatever reason. Savings rates are usually at least fifty times better than brick and mortar banks. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 10
NP27
Established Contributor

Re: Thinking of opening a 360 account or DCU?

Anyone else? Lol
Message 4 of 10
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@NP27 wrote:

I have been thinking of opening a Cap 1 360 account.  Recently, I have not been too impressed with my local FCU.  When it first opened in the early 90s there was only one small main branch, which has turned into what looks like a mansion after all the additions they made to it.  Additionally, there are over 15 branches that have opened through the years.  As a result the customer focus and service, I belive has gone down hill.  A recent trip to one of the smaller remote branches has proved this to me.  I actually walked out because the "teller" who was not even behind the counter told me I HAD to use the phone teller system and talk to someone remotely through video chat and a teller machine.  I was like " I dont want to use the machine, I just want to deposit my checks at the counter" and she replied "well the automated teller is all we have right now....its part of our staffing".  I walked out.  I wanted to withdraw my money and close the account because she had me so irritated with the way she handled the whole experience.  LOL.  I am venting through a forum.  Funny.

Anyway....my questions are

1.  Does Cap 1 360 pull all three CRAs like they do when you apply for credit?

2.  Does anyone who has 360 enjoy the customer service, benfits, and ease of use?

3.  How is Cap 1s customer service?  I currently have a CC, but never had to call in.

I am thinking of applying for an auto refinance and already have their CC, so I thought it would be very easy to manage everything if I had a 360 account.  On the same token, I have heard DCU is also a good choice.

Thoughts, suggestions, answers to questions aforementioned?

THANKS!!

I have a 360 account, but I only opened it for the bonus, so I can't answer 2 or 3.  But there was no HP for opening the account, as long as you don't choose overdraft protection.

Message 5 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

I have DCU. There was an HP for membership on EQ. I've used their CS more than once, and it's been amazing. Not to mention, their auto finances rates are wonderful.

Message 6 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

To add, capital one auto finance rates not great AT ALL. Keep getting approvals, for excellent credit, they list 13.99% (anyone have cap one auto finance 4% or below?)
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
To add, capital one auto finance rates not great AT ALL. Keep getting approvals, for excellent credit, they list 13.99% (anyone have cap one auto finance 4% or below?)

Those rates are pretty junky.Just for reference alliant keeps on sending me pre approved for 1.99% on auto loan not the greatest but not horrible either. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 10
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Yes I have heard/read Capital One give as low as 1.49% to Tier 0 but I think it's only up to 36 months. You can get below 4%, I've seen 3.99%... But most people get sub prime solicitations from Cap One.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have Cap1 CCs but I also signed up during their Black Thursday deal for 100 bonus on both checking and savings and I rearly like the site and the app. I got free checks too. I won't ever leave my main bank but it's a nice online account. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.