Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring money from external account to NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transferring money from external account to NFCU

@darkfrosty wrote:

The only way I have done it is write a check to myself and then use the nf app and deposit it 

How long did it for NFCU to clear the check?  In other words, were the funds immediately available?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I found this thread. NFCU dumbest thing I ever heard of ... legal ... funny how other CUs and Financials can do it? Anyway, guess I will leave this CU alone. Most unfortunate. Koodo's to all of you for finding work around's ... grats!!!
Message 12 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My problem is that I don't think my external account (where all my money is) supports pushing to another banking institution.  I have searched their website and don't see it.  I have sent a question to them; however. it's the weekend and I won't get an answer until Monday.

You can probably do it through their bill pay app.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 13 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

There was a thread from a few months back where @Anonymous mentions using mobile deposit as well; it seems to work well for her.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-Policies-and-Features-overall/m-p/4745922#M11644

The only thing about using a paper check in this manner is that it won't "count" as a direct deposit, which some might be looking for (for example, to qualify for special CD rates).

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK my external bank answered my question.  Yes I can push funds from them to NFCU.  I didn't see it on their site because in my opinion it was hidden! It's been activated.  However, there is this huge delay when you push, 3 days to be exact and it's no fee transaction.  For a quicker push, it's an $8 fee!  Can you believe that!  I need a no fee fast method.  

Message 15 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:

The only way I have done it is write a check to myself and then use the nf app and deposit it 

How long did it for NFCU to clear the check?  In other words, were the funds immediately available?

next day .. might have actually been same day 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkfrosty wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:

next day .. might have actually been same day 

That is certainly better than paying my bank $8.  Thanks for the information!

Message 17 of 19
stellar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trust me, setup your external account to push funds to your Checking and savings accounts. It will work. I know they said it will not. I have mine set to push to Checking, Savings, and money market savings. Going thru CLOC like they suggest is too much running around.

Screenshot 2017-02-11 16.42.35.png

What does the DDA stand for?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

DDA Stands for Demand Deposit Account - this is the technical name for a checking account

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.