Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Use and Availability of NaVChecks from NFCU

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Use and Availability of NaVChecks from NFCU

That's a good idea MusicLover! Thanks for sharing that .
Message 31 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Use and Availability of NaVChecks from NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

Since this doesnt count towards credit % it was also a tool I used earlier this year to dump all my store CC debt onto it so that I can close all the store cards and some regular cards I didn't use any longer. 

The CLOC actually shows up on your credit reports under revolving and it does count toward credit utilization percentage, unless you pay it off in a week or two before it hits your reports for the month.

Glad it works for you, but 14% interest seems high to me and the interest starts to accumulate the day you utilize the CLOC. It seems if you are going to pay it off in 3 weeks anyway, as you mention that you do, that the better option would be to draw from a 0% offer on a credit card and then pay that off in your same three week time frame. Or choose to take longer if needed, since it is at 0%. Just a thought. Smiley Happy

+1

This is actually why I decided to not apply for NavCheck.  Back in November when I got my membership, I got the Platinum MasterCard with a rate of 10.99% (since increased to 11.24%) with a SL of $15.3k. 

From what I could tell at the time, a possible NavCheck approval would almost certainly be at a higher rate, meaning it would always be cheaper to simply use a BT from the credit card for my needs.  I don't mind having accounts 'on deck', however I honestly couldn't see a situation where NavCheck would be useful for me.

I understand that my needs might be simple compared to many on here, and that NavCheck certainly is useful for the majority of members.  I'm just sharing my thought process for anybody else who might have needs similar to mine.  Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 34
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Does NFCU ever dropped their APR if you have NavCheck?
Message 33 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Does NFCU ever dropped their APR if you have NavCheck?

It doesn't look like it...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-does-not-lower-CLOC-interest-rates/td-p/471791...

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.