cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE PERSONAL LOANS? WORSE COMPANY EVER DEALT WITH!!!!! STAY CLEAR!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPGRADE PERSONAL LOANS? WORSE COMPANY EVER DEALT WITH!!!!! STAY CLEAR!!!!

So do yourself a great favor, and do not even think about dealing with these antiquated, backwoods, indecisive MORONS that call themselves a business. I’m not normally so harsh, but these chimpanzees? DESERVE EVERY WORD I WRITE AND MORE!!!!

Words cannot possibly express Upgrades lack of honor, lack of commitment and most importantly, lack of any sign of intelligent life.

2 1/2 weeks of asking for documents. 35 plus documents sent. Called me TWICE and told me LOAN WAS APPROVED to “be on the lookout” for an acceptance email. No email arrived.

Can you imagine how horrible it would be, how it messes with ones psyche, to be called TWICE and told your loan was approved, just to find out it’s not????!!! How is that possible you may ask? Easily when you’re dealing with a company sooooooooo mismanaged and run by individuals so inept, they couldn’t handle running a hotdog stand at 2am on a deserted street. These idiots should not even be in business!

Went through multiple supervisors who all basically LIE TO YOUR FACE telling you things that never come to pass.

From Zachary, to Alex, to Valentine, to Melissa, all liars, all useless in accomplishing any action whatever. Talk talk talk talk. Valentine, the supervisor was the worse. Type guy that acts like YOU are the idiot when he promises YOU something is going to take place and you don’t want to believe him because of the many lies. Then when what he promised doesn’t take place, there’s silence...

They all had me running around to banks, getting statements and forms notarized (they weren’t notarized originally because they were never required to be notarized to begin with except evidently for Upgrade) because that’s “all they need” and once they get that form, the “loan was approved”.

That statement was made to me at LEAST a half dozen times over 2 weeks as well as 1/2 dozen different forms.

And every time I did it, the loan that would be immediately approved once they got this form, was NOT approved, but two days later instead of the approval, they needed something else, and if I gave them that something else, the loan will be approved, but then two days later, there was no approval but there was another form and THIS one...on and on and on each with a promise this will be the last time they bother me and the loan will be approved!!

All told there were over 35 documents sent to these idiots and the only reason I was foolish enough to keep doing it is because I was so invested with my time that it would be a waste to turn around and walk away at that point.

However after yet another “final form” got notarized and sent with the promise of the loan being approved “immediately” and once again being told they needed another “2 to 3” days to review it, I finally wrote them an email and told them to shove the $30,000 as far up their ass as they possibly could and to withdraw my application!

2 1/2 weeks in which you can close on a half million dollar mortgage quicker than that, and more forms then any underwriter company would or could ever require.

Here is one of dozens of examples I can give you to their stupidity.

Supplied them with 12 FULL months of bank statements showing regular deposits over the course of the entire year totaling well over 200k plus, tax returns backing up those deposits and still, they couldn’t proceed with final approval (the newest reason once again AFTER I was told the loan was approved with the last document sent) until they now received February‘s statement.

Which I couldn’t provide them because the statement didn’t close until the end of February and this process started in the middle of February. 12 full months but yet somehow, this ONE month was going to be something sooooooo important that could not proceed with giving me the loan that they had just told me I was approved for 6 times prior even though I HAD given them screenshots of ALL FEBRUARY transactions without the statement since it hasn’t closed.

Not to mention, if it hadn’t of taken them two and half WEEKS of dancing around in circles, there wouldn’t have been any need to send them the February statement to begin with, because the loan would’ve been closed well prior to the ending date of the statement and it was only because of their ridiculous delays that we were still even hanging around in the first week of March to give them a February statement to begin with.

So don’t EVEN try to explain to me how the reason they couldn’t approve the loan when they had just PROMISED it was approved, was because they didn’t have that statement!!! BS

It was after I sent them that statement, which I was told when I did, the loan would be approved immediately, and THEN told later that day, that they needed another “2 to 3 days” of review, that I withdrew my application and sent them a nasty email. Final straw on the camels back so to say.

Every single person who told me the loan was approved and to be on the lookout for an email to accept the terms, when that email didn’t come? I called and heard that they no longer had the file and it was under review by somebody else.

And then when I spoke with that somebody else, they had their own little circus of hoops they wanted me to jump through.

And then when I finished they told me the loan was approved to be on the lookout for an email. But when that didn’t happen and I called, it was yet on someone else’s desk and then that someone else’s desk each and every desk had their own little games they wanted to play with me all while ensuring me it will be the LAST game I would have to play in and the loan would be approved.

As I say, after hearing they needed another couple of days of review is when I told them I no longer was interested to stick it where the sun don’t shine!!!!

This is a long post and trust me I haven’t even come CLOSE to giving you the details about how absolutely screwed up this company is, or the level of frustration they have caused me.

Pushing 60 years old and I’ve been dealing with banks and business and loans my entire life being self-employed, never have I come across any business company or organization so absolutely screwed up!!!!

All told, here is the total count:

Was called twice and told the loan had been approved to look for an email.

Was told four times that If i submit this very last document, the loan will be approved immediately and look for an email.

Went through FIVE different levels and desks of FIVE different individuals!!! All of whom, supposedly, had the final authority to approve my loan!!!!

Trust me, don’t waste your time with this new hillbilly company. Because them being new and inexperienced shows in a major way.

200k in income. 775 credit score. 2 years tax returns and 12 months bank statements and 2 1/2 weeks later it was STILL under “review” after submitting over 35 documents??? Why should you waste your time!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPGRADE PERSONAL LOANS? WORSE COMPANY EVER DEALT WITH!!!!! STAY CLEAR!!!!

Not knowing your financial business, but from what I read you may consider trying a CU or a bank. Good luck and hope everything works out for you!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you have more patience then I do.

For $30K ??

Im sure there is less work involved if someone wanted to by the united states on a loan!!!

hahaha

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was just looking at them for a loan...that’s for letting the community know. Moving elsewhere...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was something I’ll tell ya. Well, I did actually.. LOL

Even at the very bitter end, I spoke with Valentine again and he said “please don’t withdraw your request, give me a chance and let me see if I can expedite this for you right NOW. Will you give me 30 minutes and I’ll call you back and see what I can do?” I said sure, you got 30 minutes.

Not only did he not call back in 30 minutes, he NEVER even called back at all. That whole ostrich, sand, face thing came to mind Smiley Happy

The reason for this loan was for a very specific situation that had a very specific and narrow set of criteria in dealing with a legal matter and an ex-employee. It had to be done through a separate company and through one of those type companies. This was not a loan for personal gain.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

“”Was just looking at them for a loan...thanks for letting the community know. Moving elsewhere...”

Read my write up on SoFi. Best of the best. Can’t go wrong using them Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First, thank you for breaking up your thread into smaller, readable paragraphs for such a long thread, it helps tremendously.

secondly, Im sorry for all the frustration you had to go thru with that company. What a nightmare. SOFI, Lending Club, and Discover loans are what comes to my mind. Good luck to you!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend Arrowhead Credit Union-all they needed is 12 hours and a pay stub for 20,500. I’m sorry you had such a horrible experience. I can’t imagine how time consuming and stressful that was. 😑
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.