Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank mobile deposit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank mobile deposit

US Bank has warnings that to do an iphone/photo/mobile deposit of a check, it will be "up to .50 charge". I questioned the gal at my branch and she said yep. I was in disbelief. 

I had thus far only deposited in the branch in my grocery store, but today I went to the grocery store and left my check to deposit at home. I thought I'd need to head back, but I decided that even though it pains me greatly, I'd rather pay the .50 than go back to the store/bank. I did it, and I don't think I got charged (they do only make $200 available immediately, but I don't run a lot through the account so I can't fault them for that...luckily that worked ok for my current need). Maybe the charge will show up later when the rest of my deposit is avail?

Have others been charged a fee for mobile deposit with US Bank (or any other bank for that matter) in recent times? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank mobile deposit

The $0.50 charge will show up. Always does on mine. Figured I can't drive to the bank for the amount of the charge and the time it takes to drive to the bank. Have another bank that charges $1.00 so it is more than one bank.
Message 2 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Wow that's ashame that they charge you to put money into their bank. I know Penfed is free and so is Bank of America as I have done it numerous times with them. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. It did show up. Crazy to me. But as was said, it was worth it not to drive back to the bank.

Message 4 of 5
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I have Chase and I deposit checks every week (no direct deposit where I work) and I've never been charged for using mobile deposit. I'd just drive to the bank every week if that were the case. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.