Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA vs. CU When Moving

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA vs. CU When Moving

My spouse and I are moving to another state in about six months. We have banked at the same local CU for awhile - her almost 10 years, me about 3. I want to be proactive as far as our finances go so I am considering opening USAA checking & savings accounts to ease the transition. I am a full member and have used USAA for insurance for years. I am in the credit rebuild process and have a secured CC with them as well. I also have a secured CC with the local CU that will graduate to unsecured in June. Just in time for our move... Needless to say, I don't want to lose the benefit of having a CU CC with a nicely aging TL. But I'm thinking it's going to be super inconvenient to do day to day banking from 500 miles away.

So other than maintaining a CC account for credit rebuild purposes, is there any other benefit to maintaining this long distance CU relationship? Also should I look for a local CU when I move or stick to USAA?

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA vs. CU When Moving

@Anonymous wrote:

Also should I look for a local CU when I move or stick to USAA?

Having a local CU is a good thing. You can do both.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.