Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh BOA's new "Spending and Budgeting tool"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh BOA's new "Spending and Budgeting tool"

I hope this isn't going to be a factor they use to decide on a CLI.

I have a secured card and a checking account. I bascially just put a few hundred in every month to pay whatever I put on the card each month. I use my debit card for a few transactions but nothing major.. Currently waiting for their Fico to update before clicking the CLI button.

It's not my main bank. It's not even where my "income" goes. I do not have a direct deposit going in. So, their "tool" decided on the few hundred cash deposit I do each month that it's my total "Income" and that I need to learn to "budget" better. I wonder if they decided I was also a drug dealer since it's a cash deposit every month and not a check.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ugh BOA's new "Spending and Budgeting tool"

Things like this are pointless if they don't have an option for you to connect your other accounts to it. Is there really not an option for that? Because BOA is usually better than this in the tech department, and that would be awfully arrogant of them. I've been with a couple of banks that had budgeting tools, and they both let me connect all of my other accounts to it. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 2 of 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Ugh BOA's new "Spending and Budgeting tool"

@CatOfSpades wrote:

Things like this are pointless if they don't have an option for you to connect your other accounts to it. Is there really not an option for that? Because BOA is usually better than this in the tech department, and that would be awfully arrogant of them. I've been with a couple of banks that had budgeting tools, and they both let me connect all of my other accounts to it. 

Yes, they can connect to external accounts. In fact, up until last week, you could have your external accounts listed on your dashboard when you logged in. Now you have to go into Tools & Investing, then click on My Portfolio to see them. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.