Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Please help - Bank of America ATM Check Deposit

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Urgent Please help - Bank of America ATM Check Deposit

@compassion101 wrote:

Is this coming from a company you are doing work for? A friend? Bovada?

I get Canadian checks every month in USD. I use Citizens bank, they don't charge me anything and it is available next day most of the time, never more than 2 days. They are a nice local bank to work with, not sure if you have them by you or not. Might take longer if it is your first deposit into a new account you open with them though, of course.

Previously I tried with Wells Fargo, Chase, and one or two others (maybe PNC I'm not too sure). They were all telling me 3-8 weeks to clear through the "collections" process, and a fee.

This is coming from my Bovada online betting account.  I am getting good with betting on some sports and needed a way to cash these canadian checks.

I had no problems at all at Bank of America. I went in person and it was a beautiful young girl at the counter.   Very very nice and the money was deposited one day and availiable the next morning. No issues at all and I cant wait to go back and deposit more of these checks.

Message 11 of 14
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

Is this coming from a company you are doing work for? A friend? Bovada?

I get Canadian checks every month in USD. I use Citizens bank, they don't charge me anything and it is available next day most of the time, never more than 2 days. They are a nice local bank to work with, not sure if you have them by you or not. Might take longer if it is your first deposit into a new account you open with them though, of course.

Previously I tried with Wells Fargo, Chase, and one or two others (maybe PNC I'm not too sure). They were all telling me 3-8 weeks to clear through the "collections" process, and a fee.

Adding to my previous message I asked the lady if there was any fees and she said "No definitely not for you".  I think there is no fees for anyone but she was trying to make me feel happy and she did a great job.  Overall a great experience!

Message 12 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I have deposited checks from Canada many times into my BofA account with no issues at all. The funds are usually available the next day. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funds will be available the next day if the bank is willing to trust you. It actually takes the bank 4 to 6 weeks to get the funds cleared. If the check is for a small amount they will just let it go but for a large check there will be an agonizingly long hold.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.