Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for NCFU..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for NCFU..

I decided to apply for membership last Friday. I emailed all the documents. I received an auto reply that I would hear from them in 2 business days.

On Tuesday, I called and they said it would take 5 business days. I called yesterday and they said the same thing. I was hoping my application could be pushed through over the phone. They couldn't confirm that they received my application and documents. I haven't received an alert on TU or any other bureau. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, should I fax the application??

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Waiting for NCFU..

What was your method of becoming a member ? They don't get in a hurry for no one so this is not untypical of them
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Through navy league. After I posted, I got an inquiry alert on TU.

Should I wait before applying for any of their products??
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would wait.  You wil likely get your Welcome email in the AM. 

Message 4 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes just wait and when you can set up your online acct then apply
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set up my account already. I will just wait until the account is funded.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I applied Saturday evening was worried about it myself. Called Monday and yesterday. I'm glad I saw your post so now I can patiently wait... Lol
Message 7 of 13
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

I think Navy is a little backed up with recent applications so it's taking longer than normal.

My membership took about a week and I had to call to get it pushed through.

Applied for a cash rewards card and got a 1biz day message.  Been over a week now and still haven't heard back on it.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I am not the only one.  My post is a bit below yours here, had to resubmit documents, after receiving the welcome message and the CC in the mail. 

Was also told 5 days, then 2 days, now 3 days.  

I talked to them yesterday, and security team was working on apps from 3/20, so about 3-4 BUSINESS days backed up. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU didn't accept the receipt from NLUS!!!  I had to resubmit with the actual Welcome/Acceptance letter from NLUS. So, does that mean my application is in the bottom of the pile again?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.