Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo BS.

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo BS.

I opened a checking account with Wells Fargo and they sent my a letter with my name, ssn, dob, address, checking account #, and driver's license # w/ expiration date to neighbor of mine that's into doing funny business. He brings me the letter in hand and said he banks with Wells Fargo and thought it was one of his letters. Why in the **bleep** would WF not redact my personal info?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo BS.

Have you contacted Wells Fargo regarding this? This is not the first time it's happening. The same thing happened with my dad. When he complained, Wells Fargo apologized for the debacle. That's it. Any one experienced the same thing?
Message 2 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

I opened a checking account with Wells Fargo and they sent my a letter with my name, ssn, dob, address, checking account #, and driver's license # w/ expiration date to neighbor of mine that's into doing funny business. He brings me the letter in hand and said he banks with Wells Fargo and thought it was one of his letters. Why in the **bleep** would WF not redact my personal info?

Why in the world would they even mail that to the right person & right address???? You have that info, and there is such a thing as mail theft. They really are idiots.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

Remember who you are dealing with?! Wells Fargo National Bank ... their track record speaks for itself for the last few years. Suspect you can complain (I probably would) but don't hold your breath for anything. They should be deeped six as a bank Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Have you contacted Wells Fargo regarding this? This is not the first time it's happening. The same thing happened with my dad. When he complained, Wells Fargo apologized for the debacle. That's it. Any one experienced the same thing?

Yes, I complained and they apologized, but was very nonchalant about it. Should I file a formal complaint?

Message 5 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZwrote:

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

Why in the world would they even mail that to the right person & right address???? You have that info, and there is such a thing as mail theft. They really are idiots.

Exactly! The application was already done online and the account was opened. I don't get it. Should I escalate this?

Message 6 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

Remember who you are dealing with?! Wells Fargo National Bank ... their track receord speaks for itself for the last few years. Suspect you can complain (I probably would) but don't hold your breath for anything. They should be deeped six as a bank Smiley Mad

Yes, and here's the kicker... I closed the account after two days of opening it because of all the recent bad press.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@HiiiPoWeRwrote:

Remember who you are dealing with?! Wells Fargo National Bank ... their track receord speaks for itself for the last few years. Suspect you can complain (I probably would) but don't hold your breath for anything. They should be deeped six as a bank Smiley Mad

Yes, and here's the kicker... I closed the account after two days of opening it because of all the recent bad press.

Everyone has atleast one of those bad neighbors which is why I own a heavy duty shredder. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should close the account. Dad did the same thing. Even if you don't want to close the account, then at least file a formal complaint. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.