Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

Just quick update to everyone who was interested in this account just for the bonus like me, I called and closed the account they were super nice about so kudos to them unlike the Chase offer they will not try and claw the bonus back. Quick and easy $250 - government share. 

Message 41 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did you keep the account open? 

I want to do this but close the account imeediately, was there a fee??

I don't particularly want to keep this any longer than necessary.

Message 42 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had it open about two weeks. No fee at all, they asked me why I was closing and I just said bc I didn't want to pay a monthly fee. 

Message 43 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had it open about two weeks. No fee at all, they asked me why I was closing and I just said bc I didn't want to pay a monthly fee. 

Because I gots what me came for and it's time to sail off in search of more booty!  Arrr!

Message 44 of 185
gardini51
Valued Member

Just signed up for the account. Mainly jsut for the money. I will probably keep the account for at least a minimum of a couple months. I kinda feel weird opening an account just for some bonus money.

Message 45 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonus posted yesterday - so that's exactly 10 days from open to $$$...not bad at all

I posted a payment to my CC to clear the balance and I'll be closing tomorrow or Thursday...Ty, did I read correctly you cancelled over the phone?  If I can do it that way and not have to visit a branch that would be awesome  Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 185
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

So to do this all I have to do is say transfer 2k from my Discover account, use their bill pay to pay my credit cards 10 times while keeping above $1,500 and then bonus appears later?

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 47 of 185
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@SkyCommander wrote:

So to do this all I have to do is say transfer 2k from my Discover account, use their bill pay to pay my credit cards 10 times while keeping above $1,500 and then bonus appears later?

For the bonus, it's a direct deposit or 10 debit card transactions, not the bill pay service. I imagine if you can pay our bills with a debit card you are OK. 

| TCL = $360,850 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 792| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 48 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

I made a $50 opening deposit from my credit card (which did not post as a cash advance), 10 debit card payments to amazon for gift card reloads the day I got the card (I did $0.50, $0.51, $0.52, etc up to $0.59), waited till the bonus posted, then made a $294.55 payment back to the same credit card.  Start to finish was 11 days.

Message 49 of 185
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Oh so it has to be through the debit card itself. I guess I could pay my cell phone bill online in varying increments of $4-$5 10 times as my bill will be showing up in a couple weeks.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 50 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.