Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

I just did as TygerHawk suggested, reloading my Amazon gift card in small, but varying amounts. We'll see if I get the bonus as fast. Smiley Wink

| TCL = $360,850 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 792| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 51 of 185
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

After the bonus posts is it better to transfer all your money to your original funds account and then cancel or call to cancel first and have the rep do it?

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 52 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

After the bonus posts is it better to transfer all your money to your original funds account and then cancel or call to cancel first and have the rep do it?

Remember the old story about a bird in the hand?  It is far better to go into a request to cancel an account with a zero balance, than to have a balance and have to worry about what's going to happen to it

Message 53 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

People who have not actually received their bonus yet, be aware that this may now not be a certain thing:  (Actually, as DoC observes, the targeted language was always there, and he warned about that early on, but the language has been strengthened.)

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/wells-fargo-250-checking-bonus-adds-new-targeted-language/

My guess is that anyone who's WF account was opened on or before Jan 30 will probably get the bonus (but not certain).

Opened on the 31st?  Or at least applied by the 31st?  Maybe 50-50.

Applied Feb 1 or later? Unlikely.

Message 54 of 185
wasCB14
Super Contributor

1/17 applied, told to await paper application, made $50 deposit by CC

1/23 debit card arrived without the need for a paper application

1/26 made purchases (Amazon GC)

1/30 $250 posted

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 55 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did apply on Jan 31st. Seems I need to do something creative to make it through?

Message 56 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did apply on Jan 31st. Seems I need to do something creative to make it through?

Hard to say.  You are on the cusp.  My advice is to quickly meet the requirements and hope for the best.  One way or another, you'll find out the answer.

Message 57 of 185
gardini51
Valued Member

Hmmm. I applied last week on Jan 25, and still haven't heard anything about my account. I applied online, but also did get the targeted mailer for the bonus money. I would hope that I get something from them soon. 

Message 58 of 185
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@gardini51 wrote:

Hmmm. I applied last week on Jan 25, and still haven't heard anything about my account. I applied online, but also did get the targeted mailer for the bonus money. I would hope that I get something from them soon. 

You should soon. It took a week from the time I applied to getting the welcome email. Definitely longer than the timeframe they list in the application confirmation email.

| TCL = $360,850 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 792| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 59 of 185
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I applied on the 31st and the emails from there are also dated 31st. The email also contains details on the bonus requirements but it is the same as what was originally found----

Bonus Qualifications:

• Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
  • Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
  • The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
  • A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
  • Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online.
  • Offer cannot be:
  • Paid without providing a valid U.S. taxpayer ID
  • Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
  • Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded
Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 60 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.