Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

I signed up last night.  I am looking to move my checking account anyway.  I got a confirmation saying I was conditionally approved pending checking my info.  There was a part about the bonus at the bottom.  Is this what everyone else has received?

Message 91 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I don't think mine said conditionally approved it just said approved
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 92 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be because I signed uo so late.  Thanks for responding.

Message 93 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Your welcome hope u get the bonus I haven't received welcome packet yet
Message 94 of 185
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How does this work?  How do you receive the bonus?

The idea is that you open a checking account with the appropriate promotion code, fulfill some requirements listed in the promotion, and then the bank deposits some cash into your account.  Many banks do this.

But... it sounds like you would be applying well after Feb 1, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, on the evening of Jan 31 Wells Fargo strengthened their "targeted only" language.  It is quite likely that a person who was NOT invited by WF to apply will NOT get the bonus -- if he applies on or after Feb 1.  So far we have in this thread no case studies of a person who applied after Feb 1 and whether that person got the bonus.

Here was my post earlier in the thread.  I posted this the morning of Feb 1.

==========

People who have not actually received their bonus yet, be aware that this may now not be a certain thing:  (Actually, as DoC observes, the targeted language was always there, and he warned about that early on, but the language has been strengthened.)

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/wells-fargo-250-checking-bonus-adds-new-targeted-language/

My guess is that anyone who's WF account was opened on or before Jan 30 will probably get the bonus (but not certain).

Opened on the 31st?  Or at least applied by the 31st?  Maybe 50-50.

Applied Feb 1 or later? Unlikely.

- Actually I just update my first post in the thread with a new link. The offer has been extended to March 3rd, it it now says if you open an Everyday Checcking account online you are eligible for the $250 bonus. If you want to open a different account or try to open in branch you must have received an offer with personalized code.

New link to the offer extended to March 3rd:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/hello-offer/

Message 95 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I can tell, the targeted language is still there.  It says, almost at the very top of the offer:

This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer, available to those who received our direct mail offer.

It is in fact even more restrictive than before.  Only people who received an offer via the the US post are now eligible.

This warning is stated before it discusses the different kinds of accounts that can be opened. 

It also later states that the "offer cannot be Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded"

Message 96 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

Received welcome packet yesterday still no debit card
Message 97 of 185
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I can tell, the targeted language is still there.  It says, almost at the very top of the offer:

This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer, available to those who received our direct mail offer.

It is in fact even more restrictive than before.  Only people who received an offer via the the US post are now eligible.

This warning is stated before it discusses the different kinds of accounts that can be opened. 

It also later states that the "offer cannot be Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded"

Well, right under that "This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer, available to those who received our direct mail offer" is "Important Offer Details". When you click it states "Wells Fargo Everyday Checking is the account eligible for this offer when opened online." I don't recall it saying it that clearly before, and clearly opening the account online does not require an "exclusive, nontransferable offer". .

It appears Wells Fargo is including enough ambiguity that if they decline to award a bonus to someone for whatever reason they have their tosh covered. Which frankly is typical of Wells Fargo.  It's up to others if they want to try this at this point, worse case is they invest a little time & effort and see if they get the bonus. YMMV.

Message 98 of 185
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:
Received welcome packet yesterday still no debit card

You might give them a call to check & make sure they sent one.

Message 99 of 185
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Once upon a time I had a WF account that I closed long time ago. For $250 i'm going to give them another try. Out of the big 4 banks, they're the only one with a presence in Minnesota (USBank is 5th largest in the US and is headquarted in Minneapols)

Actually, I think Bank of America recently expanded to Minnesota with literally just a couple of branches. But other then that WF Is the only Big 4 with a presence in Minnesota.

My first impression with WF was not kind. Applied online, said if you need a temporary debit card to come into the branch and they can give you a temporary one until yours arrives in the mail. So I go in a branch to get a debit card. Unlike credit unions I've applied online and was able to just go into a branch and have them get me a debit card then I can leave and be on my way, at Wells Fargo I had to sit down with someone and before I get my debit card I need to listen to this massive sales pitch from someone trying to coerce me into opening all sorts of stuff I don't need. CDs, credit cards, additional savings accounts with ridiculous minimum balance requirements, auto loan prequalifications, etc. Oh, after all that she says Wells Fargo offers renters insurance as welland that they're rates are VERY COMPETITIVE and that their customer service is PHENOMENAL incase I ever need to use the insurance and get a payout.

But whatever, I'll give them another try.

I have to say, seems like EVERYONE banks with Wells Fargo here in Minnesota. I see BY FAR the most Wells Fargo debit cards (I work retail myself and deal with lots of customers)

Oh and I see they're process for opening an account online has changed. Said I will receive something in 3 days I need to sign and mail back? When I had my first WF account it was apply online and that was that.

And thats another thing, why does it seem like every credit union, even rinky dink ones, able to print you a permanant card at the branch? Yet Wells Fargo doesn't have that technology. Why not? When I first opened my WF account years back it was a temporary debit card that said temporary on it and didn't have my name or anything.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 100 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.