Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

Thank you all for explaining it to me, I hadn't ever had a bank mention signing and mailing stuff back before. I'll be sure to sign an mail back when it comes... I may keep the account I'll qualify for the $5 a month discount on the monthly fee since I'm 19...

I got some emails today welcoming me an they've taken the initial deposit off of my CC so all seems to be good...
Message 161 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to report my credit just showed up today. 

I opened my account online on the last day of the promotion, my opening deposits were not processed till the week after the promotion ended.

I also had no code or invitation I just used the link in this thread. I did open both a checking and savings account, my $500 direct deposits have not even gone through yet just 10+ debit card transactions.

Wells Fargo Heart

Message 162 of 185
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Well, since I can't keep chasing CC sign-up bonuses after all the new accounts and such...this seems like a fun new train to jump on.

I bit on Wells Fargo 3/8 and then saw the blog on DoC and went with the Citadel bonus as well.

The WF app was conditionally approved and had a statement that the $250 bonus was tied to my application. Received approval the following day and am awaiting the debit card.

Message 163 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks the bonus is pending !!!

My Timeline:

March 1 -Clicked link in this thread  signed up for an account,  received conditional approval email .

March 3 - Received email to "Access Account docs ". Afterward received 2 different Welcome  emails

March 7 - Card has been shipped email

March 10- 11- Received card and Pin set up online account.  Made 10 Amazon gift card transactions

March 13- Transactions posted

March 15- Bonus is pending !!!!

Thank you 😀

Message 164 of 185
disney2
Regular Contributor

I called about the issue with mine.  Evidently, my work has a retirement account in my full legal name and I had registered with the name I go by and have all my other bank accounts in.  I was told they have another deal going through March 24 to go online and reregister in my full legal name.  When I went online, I couldn't find it.  I chatted with someone online and was told to call them back so I did.  When I called back, I was told that it was changed to being only for those that receive an email or letter in the mail.  I have found links where it was online until atleast the 9th but it's not working now.

Message 165 of 185
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I got lucky with mine. Applied online and I was told that I would receive an account package in 3 days via snail mail that I needed to sign and return. Almost a week passed and the package never came so I went to the branch to open the account. The banker opened the wrong account "Preferred" instead of the "Everyday" but she was able to attach the promo code. I made ten $.50 reloads to my Amazon gift card and a couple days after received the bonus. A few days after the "Everyday" checking was opened without me signing any paperwork so I did the Amazon trick a second time and received the bonus again. I was afraid they would claw it back so I immediately transferred the $500 out of WF.

Message 166 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacetx wrote:

I got lucky with mine. Applied online and I was told that I would receive an account package in 3 days via snail mail that I needed to sign and return. Almost a week passed and the package never came so I went to the branch to open the account. The banker opened the wrong account "Preferred" instead of the "Everyday" but she was able to attach the promo code. I made ten $.50 reloads to my Amazon gift card and a couple days after received the bonus. A few days after the "Everyday" checking was opened without me signing any paperwork so I did the Amazon trick a second time and received the bonus again. I was afraid they would claw it back so I immediately transferred the $500 out of WF.

Smiley Surprised  Brah...

Give us a follow up in 3 months if anything happens.  I'm curious now.

Message 167 of 185
disney2
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru April 1

I just found a link where it was extended thorugh April 1 so I applied again with my full legal name this time. Maybe it will work.  

Here's the link.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/offer-retail/

Message 168 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru April 1

@disney2 wrote:

I just found a link where it was extended thorugh April 1 so I applied again with my full legal name this time. Maybe it will work.  

Here's the link.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/offer-retail/

Then again, it may not:

This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer. This is only available to Wells Fargo retail store private label credit card customers who received our direct mail for this offer.

Message 169 of 185
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Just an update, received debit card the 13th, went in branch on the 15th to setup PIN since I hadn't yet received one in the mail. Made 10 random loads to an Amazon GC on the 15th. They cleared on the 16th. Bonus posted today, the 20th.
Message 170 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.