Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

I opened my account on March 9th an got the bonus... Does that count as recently? It took from the 9th to the 20th for me to get my debit card pin and online banking set up along with my Debit transactions to post.... However, the bonus was posted by the 22th...
Message 181 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm....that's pretty recent. I'll check again the next few days. Here's to hoping I didn't waste my time...
Message 182 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping here too Calebonline!
Message 183 of 185
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm....that's pretty recent. I'll check again the next few days. Here's to hoping I didn't waste my time...

If it was March 9 then it would be from the current offer that expires April 1. The last offer before the April 1st offer expired March 3. I applied in February for the offer that expired March 3 and that was a targeted offer as well and I was NOT targeted and still got the bonus.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 184 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royalbacon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it was March 9 then it would be from the current offer that expires April 1. The last offer before the April 1st offer expired March 3. I applied in February for the offer that expired March 3 and that was a targeted offer as well and I was NOT targeted and still got the bonus.

Wells amuses me - Knowing what I know about bank technology and human psychology, I'm pretty sure they changed nothing on the back end and just slapped that targeted language on the front to try to discourage churners from applying, and to give them an out to manually stop it if someone is silly and calls the bank asking "where's my bonus?"

Amateur hour

Message 185 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.