Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

Thanks for the feedback. Waiting on my application materials in the mail. Smiley Happy

| TCL = $148,000 | TU FICO 8: 734 | EX FICO 8: 719 | EQ FICO 8 (Bankcard): 703 | Gardening Since: 1/23/17
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Got an email that my WF debit card is in the mail. No paper application ever arrived in the mail. My Chase CC $50 load went through and counted as a purchase.

I tried to set up online access, but it didn't recognize me as a customer. I guess I need the debit card number to proceed.

I expect I'll just do a few small Amazon reloads for my 10.

Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP.....Renewal nights: IHG, Hyatt.....Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE, Arrival.....Taxes/Misc: SPG

760ish FICOs...Rebucketing hurts!
Total CL: Enough
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

tydawg wrote:

Just a quick update for everybody with a DP confirming that this does work and it is not exclusively targeted, I just got credited $250!! Will be closing the account out in a few days. 

Whoa! How long did it take WF to credit you the $250 after the 10 transactions? 

BK7 discharged 4-6-16
VentureOne $5500 | NFCU cash rewards $7500 | NFCU CLOC $12000 | NFCU GoRewards $1000 | Discover IT secured $200 | Walmart store card $3500 | Amazon prime $3500 | 76 gas card $2000 | CareCredit $6000 | Target $800 | Kohl's $700 | VS $1750 | Express $1750 | Wayfair $2100 | Overstock $1850
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Figures... I opened my account last month Smiley Tongue

Chase Freedom (5.6k) Chase Amazon AU (13k) CapitalOne Quicksilver (7k) NFCU cashRewards (25k) NFCU Business MasterCard (10k) Bank Americard Platinum Plus MasterCard (5.4k) Chase Slate (5k) Amex Business Delta SkyMiles Platinum (17k)
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

1 business day after they posted. Super quick turn around time! You can set up online access if you call in without the debit card number!

EX: 745 TU: 753 EQ: 720
Valued Member
0 Kudos

To the people who opened accounts. Do they do a credit pull when opening a checking account?

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

gardini51 wrote:

To the people who opened accounts. Do they do a credit pull when opening a checking account?

soft pull and chex only 

Valued Member
0 Kudos

tydawg wrote:

gardini51 wrote:

soft pull and chex only 

Sweet. I could use an extra $250...

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

gardini51 wrote:

tydawg wrote:

gardini51 wrote:

soft pull and chex only 

Sweet. I could use an extra $250...

Just remember to you have to pay taxes on it. They will report it so don't forget when you file next year! 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

tydawg wrote:

Just remember to you have to pay taxes on it. They will report it so don't forget when you file next year! 

Yes, new bank account bonuses are considered to be interest paid to you, so they send you a 1099-INT form. I had $550 in new bank account bonus 1099's last year, I just had to put a couple hundred $$$ extra into my IRA to offset it. For the curious, new credit card bonuses - like Cap One's $100 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months for a new Quicksilver card - are NOT taxable, the IRS considers them discounts on purchases, not income.

I opened my WF account 1/11, got my debit card 1/17, made 10x .50 cent reloads to my Amazon gift card, $250 bonus is showing up in my WF account today. I sent in my payroll direct deposit change form to my employer today, that will offset fees - I'm going to keep the WF account for now and see how it goes. My payroll was going into a CU that is pretty useless for anything else except the $200 new account bonus last year, will close that account.  

Fico 08: TU 724, EX 689 EQ 687

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.