02-03-2017 11:16 AM - edited 02-03-2017 11:18 AM
Just an update...
I applied on 1/17.
Received my card 1/27.
Made my debit card purchases on 1/29 and 1/30.
Purchases posted 2/1.
My bonus is now showing as pending today 2/3.
Good luck folks.
02-09-2017 03:35 PM
I applied on the 31st and the emails from there are also dated 31st. The email also contains details on the bonus requirements but it is the same as what was originally found----
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
- Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
- The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
- Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without providing a valid U.S. taxpayer ID
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded
@SkyCommander I got the same email and applied on the same day as you did. So far, I haven't gotten anything from WF besides the email. Have you heard anything back from the bank? Should we receive a signup form first or directly a debit card? I have seen people in the past receiving the card directly, but the timeframe has been too long (9 days now).
02-09-2017 04:53 PM
02-09-2017 06:34 PM - last edited on 02-09-2017 08:58 PM by SunriseEarth
I applied online on 01/27
On 02/08 I got this email, asking me to visit a physical location. There are some WF banks in my state but they more than 100 miles away. Did anyone else get this message?
Thank you for your recent online application for a new Wells Fargo deposit account. We appreciate your interest in banking with Wells Fargo.
At this time, we are unable to complete your application and must refer you to your nearest Wells Fargo branch to open the account. To locate a branch near you, please visit wellsfargo.com/help/locations/locations.jhtml.
Senior Vice President
(Identifying information redacted)
02-10-2017 07:15 PM - edited 02-10-2017 07:16 PM
opened acct online/got email about signing application 1.21
got email saying welcome to wells fargo 1.31
got email saying card had shipped 2.2
made 10 debit card transactions 2.8
got $250 bonus 2.10
I couldn't make an online acct until I got my debit card and separately mailed PIN
02-13-2017 06:30 AM
02-13-2017 12:24 PM
I'll be curious to see whether anybody who applied on or after Feb 1 gets the bonus.
I was not targeted and applied on 02/04. I am resident alien so could not open account online for some reason, so visited the branch. They told me the offer is targeted and if you did not receive the email you are not qualified. But the banker generated a code for me with requirement of $500+ DD in addition to 10 debit purchase. Got the temp card right away.
Opened Account – 02/06
Debit Purchases – 02/07 (4 in Kroger and another 6 in Amazon)
Direct Deposit – 02/09 (500 transfer from Chase posted as DD)
Bonus Received – 02/13
I did not even received my actual Debit card yet. Easy and sweet money
|CL $15000||CL $7000||CL $6800||CL $34500||CL $8000||CL $1700||CL $9400|
02-13-2017 01:12 PM
So, I called in this morning (with a lot of transfers and waiting ), they haven't transferred the initial deposit and everything is still in processing after 2 weeks of my application. The CSR told me I will receive an email when the card was shipped out in a few days, and currently, there are a lot of applications coming in during this short period even though this is a targeted offer. After my call, I got the Welcome email from WF with documents of agreement and so on.
Be patient, folks. I feel this will go through for everyone who has submitted the application to date.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.