cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean when a charge has fallen off of your account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does it mean when a charge has fallen off of your account?

Need some help understanding this, Yesterday Chase alerted me someone was fraudulently using my debit card info as I had the card itself on me. They bought something for $270 through PayPal and then tried to buy $70 worth of stuff at a grocery store in Bama ( I am in Central Florida) I Guess what alerted them was that I had just bought gas in Tampa FL and then they tried to buy something in Alabama and I am the only one on the account. Well, I had to drive an hour and a half to get a new card as I leave on vacation on Monday going on a cruise with some friends so I really needed a new card. Well, they turned off the other one issues me a new card and I disputed the Paypal charge. And they gave me a credit for the amount well this morning that charge and the credit were gone and I called Chase and they said Paypal just withdrew it and that it fell off the account. Sorry if this is a dumb question but what does that mean exactly? They can't or won't charge me again for that fraudulent charge, will they? In the eyes of chases fraud department, my claim is closed now as I am back to whole before this entire thing started yesterday. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does it mean when a charge has fallen off of your account?

I would assume they meant it is no longer on the transaction record.  Not the most explicit language to be certain, but such is non-boilerplate responses heh.

Anyway you should be fine.  

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does it mean when a charge has fallen off of your account?

Unfortunately, with the amount of fraud going on, the banks have become really good at and good about wiping the slate clean for the victim very quickly. I remember just a few years back my account would be frozen for a few days to a week while they investigated. Now, your back to normal within just a few hours. Except when the bank is closed or far and you need to get a replacement card! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.