Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

What the hell

I went to fifth third today to take out some cash from the atm and it returned my card and said "your card has been captured for security reasons and the tranaction cancelled".  I checked and there are no fraudulent transactions, and I am not overdrawn.  Everything looks fine online, and of course you can't reach anyone on a Sunday.  Help!  Thoughts?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What the hell

I would suspect that its been possibly compromised by a merchant and a new one is going to be issued.
Message 2 of 6
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

"Your card has been captured"

This is a rather theatrical statement. I can think of a couple of things that could have gone wrong:

1- sounds like your card committed a crime and was wanted by the authorities.

2- sounds like your card is undocumented, and is an illegal alien! 

Hope your card issue was resolved!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

I went to fifth third today to take out some cash from the atm and it returned my card and said "your card has been captured for security reasons and the tranaction cancelled".  I checked and there are no fraudulent transactions, and I am not overdrawn.  Everything looks fine online, and of course you can't reach anyone on a Sunday.  Help!  Thoughts?

Hey! Were you able to resolve the issue? If you don't mind sharing, what happened?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

"Your card has been captured"

This is a rather theatrical statement. I can think of a couple of things that could have gone wrong:

1- sounds like your card committed a crime and was wanted by the authorities.

2- sounds like your card is undocumented, and is an illegal alien! 

Hope your card issue was resolved!

STOPSmiley LOL!!! ROFL!!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

rRe: What the hell

it's really sorrowful being cancelled a card from cash. It's cancelled for security reason. What did you done anything wrong?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.