cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CU for savings

Contributor

Which CU for savings

I am currently a member of the following CUs, one of which is pending verification.

DCU
ALLIANT
NAVY FED
PENFED

Which one would you recommend for keeping a savings account? Currently I have it with PenFed but a little peeved they denied me for a CC so thinking about switching. Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which CU for savings

DCU offers 5% on the first 1000 saved.  So i would recommend putting 1000 into DCU regardless.

Message 2 of 6
Established Contributor

Why would you leave anything more than $5 in Penfed @ .05% APY in the first place?! If you're limiting yourself to those 4 choices, put $1000 into your DCU Primary savings @ 5% and then put the rest in Alliant @ 1.45%.
Message 3 of 6
Established Contributor

@wrote:
I am currently a member of the following CUs, one of which is pending verification.

DCU
ALLIANT
NAVY FED
PENFED

Which one would you recommend for keeping a savings account? Currently I have it with PenFed but a little peeved they denied me for a CC so thinking about switching. Thank you!

Other than leaving $1000 in DCU for 5%, I would say none. They're just not competitive on savings rates right now.

Message 4 of 6
Valued Member

Patelco money market is currently 3% on first $0-2000, and 2% on $2000-5000

Starting FICO: 590ish
Pre App Spree FICOs: EX 681 TU 670 EQ 682 (1/11/18)
Current FICOs: EX 664 TU 670 EQ 693 (2/16/18)
Goal: 700's Club

Gardening since February 2018
Message 5 of 6
Super Contributor

@wrote:

DCU
ALLIANT
NAVY FED
PENFED

The interest rate at Alliant is much higher than the other 3.

FICO8 EQ 731 TU 765 EX 730 Total revolving 480300
Message 6 of 6