cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank is your favorite to deal with?

tag
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Which bank is your favorite to deal with?

Chase.  Awesome customer service (at my local branch), many branches where I travel, ability to instantaneously deposit cash or checks at ATMs at anytime of day, credit card perks, and a mobile app where I can manage it all.  I have a checking, savings, auto loan, personal and business credit card through them and love being able to have a single login for all those accounts.

Message 41 of 50
creditFiend
Established Contributor

As far as credit cards, it's Chase.  They have been my best experience thus far.   *knock on wood

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 42 of 50
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA. With $100,000 worth of credit with them, no other bank comes close. They have always been proactive with problems, and I find their employees to be courteous and knowledgeable. In addition, the merrilllynch side of the business has also treated me right. I give them an A-, overall. Chase used to be my favorite; But I found their actions following the 2008 financial crisis, deplorable. Their bank has had more complaints, since 2008, than any other financial institution in the North Americas. Their all time favorite past-time of clding a credit card to the amount owed, caused all types of hardship, including bankruptcy. Thank Chase for the Card Act.

This^^^^^

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has always been great to me. 

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like most people like Chase.

Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my bank accounts, I really like PNC. I opened many of my accounts when they were the Miners and Mechanics Bank of Steubenville, but they eventually became National City and then PNC after several buy outs. I've always had great customer service and I've been grandfathered into several programs that you can't get anywhere anymore, like my 1.5% interest rate on a savings account (once it became PNC, I was told I had to use my debit card 5 times each month in order to keep that interest rate). Even though I've moved across the country twice, I still call my old local branch if I need something, because they have many of the same people working there when it was M&M. I don't live anywhere near PNC now, but I plan to stay with them.

As for credit cards, I think Discover Card and American Express are the best. Discover was my first unsecured credit card, and they've given me several automatic CLIs and great rewards. Their customer service is great, as well. I like AMEX because they gave me a pretty high credit line ($8,000, which was 8x more than any other I had at the time) and I like the prestige of the brand.

Message 46 of 50
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you had to choose a favorite bank  which one would you say it is? Considering their customer service, credit limit, apr ect....

WAMU!!!!!!!  Ok, seriously WAMU was the last bank I actually liked.  I used Chase since they took over and I'm not impressed.  I'm just a number nothing exceptional and with me they were never exceptionally great with customer service. 

I've switched to a credit union (NFCU).  I leave my Chase account open and token amount of money in there.  I don't have CSP or Freedom.  I have the Chase SWA Card, Amazon and Slate.  Not impressed, just average but the checking account has been open for 20 years.

Agreed!!  I would  LOVE to have my local WAMU branch back.  As soon as the were stolen by Chase I emptied my checking and savings and paid off my loan and switched everything to a credit union.  It didn't take but one trip into the branch to see that I didn't want Chase for my daily banking needs.

At this point I really only deal with traditional banks for credit cards.  All my normal banking goes through my 2 credit unions.  I also have a Fidelity account that is great but I honestly rarely use it.

Actually, I loved seafirst, and wamu until 2996, and they got very shady,  I dumped them for credit union too.  Now, have two credit unions, and one brokerage account, just use the banks for cards as well.

Signature needs updating
Message 47 of 50
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you had to choose a favorite bank  which one would you say it is? Considering their customer service, credit limit, apr ect....

If we're going for credit cards: AMEX and Discover are tied for me. Both great CS, no problems. Followed closely by Barclay's.

If we're talking Checking accounts as well, then hands down Charles Schwab. You call and get a knowledgable rep immediately. Their checking product is interest bearing (currently .10%APY, 10x Chase Savings), no FTFs, all ATM fees reimbursed, with no account minimums. MSUFCU's service is just as good as Charles Schwab, but I'm not sure there is any checking account product that beats Charles Schwab's. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking/Banking: PNC (been with them for years and years)

Credit Card: FNBO (they gave me my first unsecured card, 4x the limit of my secured card, and have been nothing but great to me)

Message 49 of 50
Quizo

Wells Fargo has been good to me.

my credit hasnt been great so i dont really have any good credit cards yet. its a work in progress.

Starting Score: EQ591 EX591 TU580
Current Score: EQ627 EX634 TU625
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.