cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank is your favorite to deal with?

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Which bank is your favorite to deal with?

For me, it's a tie between BofA and Citi followed closely by Chase...I would probably put BofA on top only because they have never denied a CLI or card...:-)
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase. Approved for Freedom with low 600 scores, and had an old checking account reopened that had a negative balance for six months and never sent to collections.
Message 22 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase

Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

Message 24 of 50
EddieK
Established Contributor

First is DCU, followed very closely by BOA.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA. With $100,000 worth of credit with them, no other bank comes close. They have always been proactive with problems, and I find their employees to be courteous and knowledgeable. In addition, the merrilllynch side of the business has also treated me right. I give them an A-, overall. Chase used to be my favorite; But I found their actions following the 2008 financial crisis, deplorable. Their bank has had more complaints, since 2008, than any other financial institution in the North Americas. Their all time favorite past-time of clding a credit card to the amount owed, caused all types of hardship, including bankruptcy. Thank Chase for the Card Act.

Message 26 of 50
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I use BoA for several products: Brokerage, checking, savings, and credit cards. So far, they've been pretty good for me. I have the lowest APRs offered on their cards (11.99 BBR and 12.99 on Cash Rewards).

As far deposit accounts, I've been very happy with CapitalOne 360, Barclays (online savings) and DCU.

For credit cards, I like all of my issuers except for Citi (their customer service leaves a lot to be desired). If I had to rank, I'd probably say:

AMEX = Discover < Barclaycard = BoA <<<<<<<<<< Citi

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 27 of 50
red259
Super Contributor

Chae. They give me great credit lines right on approval, the CSR picks up without an automated prompt system, downgrading cards is simple, they have a good selection of products to choose from, they are good with recons and with moving limits between cards and if they do deny you they tell you specifically what you need to work on to get an approval. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 28 of 50
8in2years
Regular Contributor

NFCU for me!!
Message 29 of 50
Techno
Contributor

Chase for sure if u are not in the military, gotta hand it to them for having so many cards, and as people said flexebility with CL and decent CSR.

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.