Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is using Debit Card nowdays?

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Re: Who is using Debit Card nowdays?

I can't get a credit card at the moment so I am afraid I am stuck : )
BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 71 of 81
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to admit it, but the only time that I use my debit card is to withdraw money out of the ATM ( at the bank facility). I went to the store today and the network was down and I was told that only debit was working, really? I left everything there and I walked away.

I'm the same way. Only for ATM's. Never thought much about it until now. Wow, that thing really gets no use lol!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a year ago, I was one of those people who was adamant about having no debt (because a credit card means debt lol), pay with debit or cash, and budget!

But when I joined this forum and learned that many on here paid off their cards and rarely carried any balance, I thought to myself why not try it. Here I am, a year later with numerous cards to earn me rewards, points, and cash back. I won't ever go back to using debit knowing that my points and rewards adds up so quickly.

I use them to pay my bills and everything. I'm not a big spender. It's nice to log in to see your points and cash back rewards sitting there waiting to be used. 😍🙌🏼
Message 73 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
About a year ago, I was one of those people who was adamant about having no debt (because a credit card means debt lol), pay with debit or cash, and budget!

But when I joined this forum and learned that many on here paid off their cards and rarely carried any balance, I thought to myself why not try it. Here I am, a year later with numerous cards to earn me rewards, points, and cash back. I won't ever go back to using debit knowing that my points and rewards adds up so quickly.

I use them to pay my bills and everything. I'm not a big spender. It's nice to log in to see your points and cash back rewards sitting there waiting to be used. 😍🙌🏼

Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Message 74 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used them 24/7 as structural supports in my wallet to protect my credit cards. I never use them to withdraw money. CC rewards are far better than paying with cash and I never do business with those who are cash only.

Message 75 of 81
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ATM is the only time I see it.  Before I realized the opportunities for reward earning via a credit card, I used my debit card for almost everything.  Oh how I wish I had learned about this board and others earlier.

Me as well.  That 2008 downturn would not have lasted so long.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 76 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i only use my debit card when it has rewards for certain places. Usually 10% off after the transaction posts.

Message 77 of 81
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

I had fraud on my debit card when I was school and was a real headache when I didn't have access to my bank account.  I pretty must use credit extensively now. I do however have an account at Ally in which I keep some money. I carry the Ally debit card for any ATM withdrawals I might need to make.  Other than that, I don't even carry debit cards with me.

Message 78 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally never use my debit card anymore. I get cash back on my Discover card at the grocery store and pay at the end of the month. I finally took it out of my wallet and have never missed it.

Message 79 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use mine a lot.  Got in the habit  of using it when I wasn't using credit for about 10+ years. Don't like to carry cash around and I'm still treading softly with credit card use.  It makes me very uncomfortable owing anyone even for a couple weeks. Got used to paying for everything up front and can't shake the habit.  I have some kind of anxiety now about credit cards so my debit card is used so much I can't hardly read the numbers.

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.