cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is everyone here a member of Navy Federal Credit Union?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Why is everyone here a member of Navy Federal Credit Union?

As much as I sing their praises, don't be fooled by their niceness.They can be meaner than a junkyard dog if you burn them. I sure hope none of our members ever experience that side of Navy Fed!
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
As much as I sing their praises, don't be fooled by their niceness.They can be meaner than a junkyard dog if you burn them. I sure hope none of our members ever experience that side of Navy Fed!

One of their ways of being able to offer such high limits is that they can afford to by being aggressive in pursuing those who default on their obligations.  As long as they do that within the law then I have no problem with it.  As for TheManWhoCan's comment, they would be crazy not to take funds from any account you have with them if you default on another account.  I've been a member with them for over 30 years and have watched them grow because of their products and services.  Treat them nicely and they will do the same in return.

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding membership, if I'm not military and none of my family that is (or was actually) is a member, and I don't have the required employment qualifications, I can't become a member, right? I know some of these CU's let you obtain membership via other methods (paying for membership / donating to other organizations as one example) if you don't quality through military affiliation. I just trying to be sure I'm not missing it.
Message 33 of 48
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Regarding membership, if I'm not military and none of my family that is (or was actually) is a member, and I don't have the required employment qualifications, I can't become a member, right? I know some of these CU's let you obtain membership via other methods (paying for membership / donating to other organizations as one example) if you don't quality through military affiliation. I just trying to be sure I'm not missing it.

You're missing something alright. Lol. Our members have been joining NFCU via the a Navy League San Diego for the past 4,5 months. $25 donation. Follow instructions in thread below.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont-qualify/m-p/4598275#U4598275

Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!! Their website doesn't mention this at all, at least that I saw.
Message 35 of 48
baller4life
Super Contributor

No they don't advertise this way in at all. It's a best kept secret! But, MyFico members have done a mass stampede joining Navy Fed since word got out! 😂😂
Message 36 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

ATTENTION ON DECK!!! Cam3150 about to be arrivingSmiley Happy
Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, maybe. I'm gardening for a while but am a rebuilder so I'm interested in their credit products. Still about 6 months away from apping for anything at all though.
Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thrilled to finally have an "in" with NFCU once the Navy League method became known. Their credit card with a $17,900 SL was more than 7x my next highest limit at the time ($2,400)! I have also heard good things about their mortgage offerings for first-time home buyers; buying a house in 2021 or thereabouts will be the endgame of all my recent rebuilding efforts. NFCU's promotional 2% CD rate is also appealing, and led me to sponsor membership for my father recently. They are an excellent institution to build a relationship with.
Message 39 of 48
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was thrilled to finally have an "in" with NFCU once the Navy League method became known. Their credit card with a $17,900 SL was more than 7x my next highest limit at the time ($2,400)! I have also heard good things about their mortgage offerings for first-time home buyers; buying a house in 2021 or thereabouts will be the endgame of all my recent rebuilding efforts. NFCU's promotional 2% CD rate is also appealing, and led me to sponsor membership for my father recently. They are an excellent institution to build a relationship with.

What is the Navy League method?

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.