Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Card ( Debit/Credit )

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Zero Card ( Debit/Credit )

This thread has been moved from the Credit Card forum to Personal Finance, as the product involves a combination of financial services, including transactions processed over credit card networks as well as ACH and Fedwire transactions.   Also, the company itself is not a charter bank and does not extend credit directly.   If you have any feedback on Forum placement, please feel free to contact me directly.

SunriseEarth

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm not going to pass judgement yet, but I do think this reminds me of Perkstreet Financial, and that didn't end well.

Actually, Perkstreet's rewards weren't even as generous as Zero is advertising.  Perhaps Zero has better accountants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PerkStreet

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/08/14/perkstreet-financial-shuts-down-after-five-years/HJQ...

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/startups/2013/08/dave-ramsey-perkstreet-slimeballs.html

In early 2012 I almost went with Perkstreet myself, but instead I decided on a bank in Texas I was newly familiar with called USAA... I would say that turned out to be a good decision.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Merry Christmas everybody. This is my first post in here although i have been a long time reader but since i never had any questions or any major credit achievment to share, never pulled the trigger on creating account! 

I was searching online and saw an interesting platform(a start up in CA) that are going to offer 3% cashback on all purchases....

Hi Panda.  Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but we are happy you are here and glad you got up the courage to make your first post.  Good for you!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully, people will refer others because they believe in the product and like the service, and not to just get the bonus. Otherwise, motivation for referring is misplaced.

Not for me though.

Why have a debit card act like a CC but probably won't have the same brand protection of a CC? There are other things to consider when allowing something to be directly connected to your hard earned cash beside a bonus.

As someone else mentioned, I hope the accounts have done the math on this one.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.