Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zerocard referrals up to 3% cash back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zerocard referrals up to 3% cash back

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/10/01/what-is-zero-card/

Just learned of this very interesting new card launching next year. Essentially it works as a prepaid debit card but operates on the Visa network. Your debit balance pays interest (rumored to be 1.25%) while it sits there and purchases get cash back from 1% to 3%. The "tier" and cash back % are based on yearly spend levels but prior to their launch date, as part of marketing, you can reach the top tier by just referring people and getting them to SIGN UP for the early access waitlist. Even if those people do not actually apply for the card, you still qualify for the higher tier. The tier will then be valid for 2 years if you get it  so it's essentially a 3% card for at least 2 years if you can get all the referrals now prior to the launch date in 2017. A total of 5 referrals are required to get Carbon 3% status but only 4 referrals necessary if you start off with someone else's. The card will be full metal (sneaky marketing bastards) and they promise top of the line mobile apps as well.

I'm all for supporting these sort of novel initiatives bc the credit world could really experiment with some new models that are good for consumers. I'll be applying on the first day of release so they can get some good business going and hopefully in the future decrease the minimum spending thresholds to make this card a long-term keeper. (As of now, $50k yearly spend for 2% back is not appealing.)

This must be something people are interested in, to get 3% flat for at least 2 years is a pretty good deal. No word on how approvals will be done but they sound lax and it doesn't look like it'll be a hidden tradeline since the FAQ mentions helping out your credit score.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zerocard referrals up to 3% cash back

You are not allowed to solicit referrals of any kind on these forums.  Please delete the link.  Thank you

Message 2 of 4
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I don't understand your comment 🍀 unless I missed something OPwas simply informing the community of a new product. I was going to mention this as well but OPvest me to the punch.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:
I don't understand your comment 🍀 unless I missed something OPwas simply informing the community of a new product. I was going to mention this as well but OPvest me to the punch.

You missed something.  His post was edited by a mod

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.