Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double cb question of discover checking

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

double cb question of discover checking

Is there a limit that how much cash back you can earn during the double cash back period? So the maximum you can earn is $20? or still $10?

So for example, if i bill pay/check/debit purchase using discover checking account debit card 50 times during the double cash period, do i get $10? and i know usually the you can swipe 100 times each month and get $10 at most. What about now I bill pay,check, debit purchase 100 times in a month? do i get $20? because it seems like in mayI used it for over 80 transactions, but i still only get $10 at the beginning of June, and at the begining of July, i did not receive the extra "double cash" that is said to be available in the next statement period.

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: double cb question of discover checking

It's still 100 transactions so $20 a month. Also the cash back is a month behind so your June cash will come in July.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 16
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
It's still 100 transactions so $20 a month. Also the cash back is a month behind so your June cash will come in July.

my point is that my May extra double rewards didn't get posted in July at all.. so i was wongdering if anyone actually got that extra double cash back.

Message 3 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

my point is that my May extra double rewards didn't get posted in July at all.. so i was wongdering if anyone actually got that extra double cash back.

Got it for the month of May. But my amount is very small ($2-3) so maybe that's why Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im ready for Discover checking to become available to non discover cardholders. Looks nice a product. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to be a card holder. I got Discover checking account before getting my discover card by opening the savings account first. Once the savings account is open you are eligible to open the checking.
Message 6 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

You only get double cash back on debit card purchases, not billpays nor checks.  So if you hypothetically did 80 billpays and 20 debit card purchases in May, you'd receive $10 in June and then an additional $2 in July.  I don't know what would happen if you did more than 100 transactions.  Certainly only 100 would count, but which ones?  If they were nice they'd count the debit ones before billpays, but that would not be in their best interests.

So using Discover billpay during this double CB period is throwing money away.

Message 7 of 16
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@core wrote:

You only get double cash back on debit card purchases, not billpays nor checks.  So if you hypothetically did 80 billpays and 20 debit card purchases in May, you'd receive $10 in June and then an additional $2 in July.  I don't know what would happen if you did more than 100 transactions.  Certainly only 100 would count, but which ones?  If they were nice they'd count the debit ones before billpays, but that would not be in their best interests.

But that is not what discover claimed though. check out the screenshot

QQ图片20150711225554.png

Message 8 of 16
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@core wrote:

Pretty sure its on billpay and checks too. 

Message 9 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Do the rewards on the checking actually run better than a flat 2% spender?  Can't see giving up my credit card usage ever to pursue checking account bonuses from a debit card transaction... principal reason why I haven't gobbled up some of the tasty goodies some CU's are offering for so-called relationship checking: if it involves my having to use a debit card at a loss compared to my credit cards, no, thank, you.

        
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.