Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u.s. bank and i not off to a good start

tag
corradovr6
Contributor

u.s. bank and i not off to a good start

figured i'd dip my toe in for a checking account bonus. attempted to start account beginning of july. website wasn't really working, frustration level 2. received the debit card a week and a half later, and the pin should arrive couple days later, gave it a week and never got it. frustration level 4. called for another pin and was told it should be here in 3-5 days, guess they meant 8. frustration level 6. finally can log in to set up mobile banking and bill pay to do the requirements for the bonus or not. website is having technical difficulties, please try tommorrow.  really getting irriated. have to have requirements done by sept. 3 and by the time i transfer money really cutting it close. frustration level better think of puppies.

discover-$27,400 freedom vs-$7,000 credit union-$8,200 Blispay-$I make more money than them Tran-785 Exp-784 Equ-797
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Re: u.s. bank and i not off to a good start

Dude, totally feel the frustration level. I tried to bank with them last year, and it was the worst account opening experience of my life. I was upset from Day One. I tried to be patient - I waited forever for my debit card. I waited forever for my cashier's check to clear (so it's a very good thing you're transferring money in electronically!) Then after all that, the account was unusable due to mobile deposit restrictions and a debit card purchase limit of $1k that they wouldn't raise. I didn't have any open credit cards at the time and was in the market for new furniture and a new computer. The furniture I could pay cash for, but the computer I was buying online, so it was very important I have a debit card that would let me buy it. Everytime I called about it, the reps gave me a different pathetic excuse. I went in to the bank and got yet another pathetic excuse. Finally, I got a hold of someone who was honest with me and told me it would be one year before they raised my purchase limit, maybe, if I was lucky. So I closed my accounts after three months. 

Definitely think of puppies. Smiley Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 2 of 6
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Would never bank with them again. I closed my bank account due to the fact that I have never used it. There was -$0.90 that i needed to pay, and I never got a bill for it. 4 weeks later, it went to their collection dept and they were chargin me  $30 for overdraft and other fees. I tried talking to the manager but they didnt really wanna help. I couldnt even pay with my debit card or check from another bank when I went to their branch, they said cash only. I just paid it and moved on. I dont think i will be doing business with them ever again. Chase is by far my favorite bank. 

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bank with multiple financial institutions and US Bank has by far been the worst...
Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Eh, can't say I have any complaints about US Bank.  I hold my personal and business checking, along with savings and kid's savings accounts.  If there is ever an issue I can call or email the branch manager and it's easily handled.  

Message 5 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

It's funny reading this because I have one (recently switched business and personal accounts) to BofA but I never had trouble with them... I like how they're in most Ralph's and Vons so it's real easy for me to find an ATM anywhere... But overall they're CS sucks... My card was declined due to fraud and I spent 45 mins on hold before someone answered and was very not useful and told me to call another dept... I still have it open because it's $0 for me for checking and savings but I keep no more then $600 in there
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.