Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 60 day late removed but won't remove 30 day late. any advice please

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

1 60 day late removed but won't remove 30 day late. any advice please

over the summer I applied for the "skip payment program" through my auto loan for 2 months.  The auto loan bank marked my credit report as 30/60 days late for those 2 months.

I disputed the lates and wrote them a letter.  I received a letter from them stating they are will remove the 60 days for late for September but did not mention the 30 day late  for August.

Should I try writing another letter or disputing again?  

Also, once they remove the 60 days late from my credit report will my score go up?

Thanks for any advice.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 1 60 day late removed but won't remove 30 day late. any advice please

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am assuming you sent a direct dispute directly to the creditor?

If their determination did not address the 30-late, then they have failed to complete their investigation and report the results to you within the require period.

I would contact them and advise that they did not either verify the 30-late of delete it.

They must do one of the other.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a good case, pursue it with them, odds are you will get 30 removed.

Yes, with the 60 gone, you will see a nice jump back in score.  

I'm curious though, your siggy says you have a 666 FICO even with a recent 60 day, is that correct?  You should be sitting in the 500's with a recent 60 day late reporting

Message 4 of 8
glamchick
Established Contributor

Now the bank is trying to say that it took them a week to apply the skip payment program to my account.  I faxed the signed paperwork to them a week before my car payment was due.  And I started the entire process 2 weeks before my car payment was due.  The representative told me that it was in affect until after my car payment was due so they marked me as late.  Can I still fight this?   I have a fax proving I faxed it over 6 days before my payment was due.

Also, my signature scores are old from last year.    I can't figre out how to get back in and change the numbers.   Its keeps saying page not avaiable when I click on the challange thing.

Thanks for any advice.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 8
glamchick
Established Contributor

Corrected my Myfico signature with my current score.  Thanks for letting me kwow Smiley Happy

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 6 of 8
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...as noted by others, you appear to have a sound case ...I'd pursue it to the bitter end ...if the person you spoke to won't remove it, up the ante and speak to their supervisor ...tell them politely but firmly that you have the documentation to prove that they are in error and insist upon its removal

...if that doesn't get it removed, go the verification route with the CRA and be sure to attach your documentation with the dispute clearly explaining your case

...banks can be pita's ...if all of the above fails, then start writing letters to the bank's senior officers naming names you spoke to and including your docs ...make yourself a bigger pita ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 7 of 8
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the advice.  I will pursue this I will send some letters and faxes in today to request removal of the August 30 day late as well.

One more question - I have a letter in my hand from the bank stating they are going to ask all CRA's to remove the 2nd 30 day late.   Should I fax this letter the to CRA's as well?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.