cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Judgement and 3 Collections removed!

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: 1 Judgement and 3 Collections removed!

Congrats

Message 11 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Do you mind my asking how you got the judgement removed? I am having trouble getting a judgement removed from TU and it is not mine. I have filed a motion with court to remove it. Wondering what steps you took. You can PM if you'd like. Thanks.
Message 12 of 25
toodles12
Valued Member

Thanks guys. I've really been digging into my reports and they're 'starting' to look a lot better. Smiley Happy

Gummi - I just disputed them through the CR sites and within 30 days, they were removed or updated. I haven't contacted anyone in the courts (yet!).

Starting Score: EQ 574 EX 528 TU 566 (1/18/2013)
Current Score: EQ 574 EX 528 TU 566 (01/18/2013)
FICO 562 (02/04/2013)

Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Ok, I got those collections removed from CapOne so that's a good thing. I talked to someone at their exec office and they are sending me a letter. I'm going to forward that to the credit bureas and see if they will remove the judgement (from CapOne). I don't know why they don't remove it all at the same time. It's the same account. It the credit bureaus don't remove it then I'm going to file a motion in court.   I am so tired but my efforts have NOT been in vain!  When I get all this done I'm taking a vacation!  To Hawaii!!!!   Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just to let you know,,  I've checked the TOS and nowhere does it say that you are not allowed to take mods on vacation with you. 

Oh,, and BTW,  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Lol ! Smiley Happy

Thanks!
Message 16 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

I guess i should not start a new link here but anyway.... I got the court to issue me a removal letter for the TU judgment that is not mine.  It took me calling the court, going to court, filing the motion, conversating (kind of arguing) in the hallway at the court with some lawyer on the other side, talking to the judge, sending a reminder letter to lawyer (and copying the judge!). .... it was a true headache but FINALLY, they issued a letter to me to remove it.  This has been so ridiculous but I'm glad it's all over.  Whoooo hoo!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 25
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Congrats

Please help me how you dispute judgment I had alot of success with CA but i really have no clue of how to approach Judgments

Thanks in advance :-)

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 18 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

In my situation this was just so ridiculous and I think a waste of everyone's time.  It was for $100 medical bill on my report as a judgment. I think this could have gone either way but I have been working on this for ... I don't know a year or more. I didn't know who to call. TU sent me something saying to stop mailing them stuff and they were not gonna remove until the court said to.  So I started on the court and had paperwork. I really think they got tired of hearing my voice and seeing my face at the courthouse. Thank God though.   I have another for Cap1 I want to have removed and I'm not really sure how successful I will be with that one but I'm going to keep trying. I also have a tax lien that I REALLY don't think I will have luck with but again, I'm going to keep trying.  I would just go to the court and find out what you can do to have it removed. I know I started with calls and then went to court to file a motion.  You may have to talk to the attorney for the other side.  I read something where a person said they got their item paid and called the lawyer and the attorney agreed to file a motion to have it removed so you may be able to try talking to the attorney for the other side first. (but I know that all lawyers are not that nice but it's worth a try).  This is all very exhausting. I'm not done yet is what is even more exhausting.

Message 19 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Hi  "from 500to700" ....

I'm still researching, and finding LOTS of valuable info online and on the forums.  Check out a post from "bruiseviolet" and the topic is "life after a judgment question."  I found that today and it is very informative.  I think this info will also help you.

Good luck!  

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.