Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month after Chapter 7 discharge, Capital One gives me a $2000 card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 month after Chapter 7 discharge, Capital One gives me a $2000 card

So after going through chapter 7, I got my discharge paper about 3-4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I get a letter from Cap One that I am preapproved. I fill it out and find out yesterday I was approved for $2000 and there are no hidden fees.

Seems strange but wanted to see what others thought.

Also how bad is it in my position to apply for one or two more cards. I want a Kohls and or an Amazon store card or Amazon rewards chase.

I had all these cards for 5+ years and NEVER had a balance and was top notch with them, of course up until declaring Chap. 7

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
washpadude
Regular Contributor

Re: 1 month after Chapter 7 discharge, Capital One gives me a $2000 card

@Anonymous wrote:

So after going through chapter 7, I got my discharge paper about 3-4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I get a letter from Cap One that I am preapproved. I fill it out and find out yesterday I was approved for $2000 and there are no hidden fees.

Seems strange but wanted to see what others thought.

Also how bad is it in my position to apply for one or two more cards. I want a Kohls and or an Amazon store card or Amazon rewards chase.

I had all these cards for 5+ years and NEVER had a balance and was top notch with them, of course up until declaring Chap. 7

Nice on the Cap One. I got an offer from them immediately after BK too. I figured it was too good to be true and ignored it. At 8 months post discharge I used their Auto Navigator program and got a 20k auto loan at 4%. Two weeks later they gave me a 5k Quicksilver. Two months later got a 15k Venture. At three months got a 3k increase on each card. Cap One has been very good to me. 

I waited a year on the Amazon store card, but was approved for 1500, which is what I had prior to BK. Six months later and I just got a CLI to 3500. I took a shot at the Chase Amazon and was denied, sole reason Bankruptcy.

You might have a shot at Kohl's, it's issued by Cap One. It will be a 300 starter and no increase for six months. This card maxes out at 3k.

Good luck! Life after Ch.7 isn't bad. I had very limited credit before BK, now I have over 110k in revolving credit.

BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1 month after Chapter 7 discharge, Capital One gives me a $2000 card

Awesome thanks so much for posting!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.