Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: 1 open collection from 2004 keeping me from financing

BrandonSS wrote:

daboss28 wrote:

Where did you get your scores from?  Becuase fico does not differentiate score wise paid and unpaid charge off.  If they were from myfico it's possible something else happen at the time when you settled those accounts. Fico does not take that into consideration.  It should but it doesn't.

I've been paying for the actual FICOs/reports from the individual credit bureaus periodically and been on FCS.com as a monitor.  I thought the FICO took in to account open collections and closed collections.  Each report shows them in their own categoriy as well as negative.  I'm not saying you are wrong at all lol just that my past has reacted differently.  I was at 540'ish around 3 months ago now up to the current 610 area and just opened a Capital One card.

Only one of those could and would be real and that's the EQ score the other two are most likely vantage score and have a totally different range and scoring method.

EQ 715 8-4-12 // Walmart TU 720 8-11-12 // TU 04 744 (cc pull) 8-23-12 EXP (cc pull) 707 8-23-12
~~In my wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover More , US Bank, Walmart Discover, CitiDividend Platinum Select , Target Red Card

Photobucket
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found this:

Indiana Statutes of Limitation 

Breach of contract for sale under UCC: 4 years.

Unwritten accounts or contracts and promissory notes or written contracts for payment of money executed after August 31, 1982: 6 years.

Written contracts unrelated to the payment of money: 10 years.

Written acknowledgement or new promise signed by the debtor, or any voluntary payment on a debt, is sufficient evidence to cause the relevant statute of limitations to begin running anew.

Judgments: 10 years unless renewed.

I'm thinking this collection is for an old bank account that was reopened after a check I desposited (not my check) before closing the account, bounced.  So if this is an old bank account from 2003, is it out of SOL?  Therefore I CAN dispute it without fear or anything negative happening? 

Also: I pulled my EQ Fico from myFICO(here) today.  It is now 618.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Frequent Contributor

bump for the last post questions i made! Smiley Happy thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Update for future searchers, view:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Statute-of-Limitation-checking-account-contrac...

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.