Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 year and 112 points later.....

tag
ironsight
Valued Member

1 year and 112 points later.....

471 - 583

Patience really is the name of the game.  I have been actively working to repair my credit for exactly one year today.  I am currently 112 points higher than I was a year ago.  Had a few PFD and a couple of GW's that helped and successfully rehabbed about 22k in student loans, but mostly been working on it the traditional way (paying everything on time, got two CCs and keep them low on util.).  I will have a few things fall off later this year so I hope that will help too.

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far.  Still got a long way to go until I can reach my goal (mid 700's).

Keep working on it folks, it WILL get better!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: 1 year and 112 points later.....

nice i remember when i first joined myfico 2 years ago i was 485 and through reading the forums and all i opened up 2 subprime credit cards cap1 secured and hsbc orchard and exactly 2 years later my score is 650 still growing but i closed those cards and got better ones. the hardest part of bad credit is wanting it to be fixed overnight wait sucks but i had to remind my self my credit didnt get like that over night it was years of not giving a hoot . to know watching things the average american could care less about with their credit. its addicting but it only benefits you. the number one thing ive learned is bad credit cost money. good luck on your journey

@ironsight wrote:

471 - 583

Patience really is the name of the game.  I have been actively working to repair my credit for exactly one year today.  I am currently 112 points higher than I was a year ago.  Had a few PFD and a couple of GW's that helped and successfully rehabbed about 22k in student loans, but mostly been working on it the traditional way (paying everything on time, got two CCs and keep them low on util.).  I will have a few things fall off later this year so I hope that will help too.

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far.  Still got a long way to go until I can reach my goal (mid 700's).

Keep working on it folks, it WILL get better!

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.