Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 points added to EQ report

tag
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

10 points added to EQ report

Hi everyone I wanted to let those out there that's in the same process as I am that I settled with portfolio collection agency the past due amount was 427 I settled for 300. They updated a zero balance and I got ten points this account was only on my equifax report. To all of those out there it's not many points but its an increase and not a decrease on a collection account so you don't always loose point's when paying off a collection account.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: 10 points added to EQ report

First off, kudos for managing your debt ahead of managaing your score.

However, your experience is definitely an exception, and I can't imagine why an updated collection account would raise your score, unless you hadn't checked your score for some time, and other factors raised your score.

Was this an EQ FICO score, or FAKO?

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 7
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

My scores are from this site I purchase my scores sometimes twice a month also I got the alert from score watch that told me what the +10 points were from. I don't know how but I'm not complaining at all and it was an collection account that I settled with Portfolio Recovery with.

Message 3 of 7
wally2159
Contributor

just wondering.... was it under the collections tab or just a noted collection under regular accounts area in myfico?

Message 4 of 7
907grown
Established Contributor

My score went up 7 points the other day when LVNV funding updated the balance on a collection that I have had with them for  a few years.  Not complaining!

@MOMO30 wrote:

My scores are from this site I purchase my scores sometimes twice a month also I got the alert from score watch that told me what the +10 points were from. I don't know how but I'm not complaining at all and it was an collection account that I settled with Portfolio Recovery with.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 5 of 7
wally2159
Contributor

I think the difference is when like lvnv or portfolion put it in as collections - they just state that, but in my experience they are not listed as an actual collection account in that area, they simply list under regular accounts  and are a factoring company.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

can someone pm me the lvnv contact.  i have dv'd them with no response.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.