Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100+ point gain - Too Good to be True?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

100+ point gain - Too Good to be True?

I just received an alert that my EQ score changed - and its now 720 from a starting of 613 in Mid-November...

I looked at my report and nearly all of the negatives are gone but I also noticed that certain accounts are completely absent, ex: Capital One Cars x 2 and a CapOne credit card, they were both really and recently negative...but where did they go?!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: 100+ point gain - Too Good to be True?

Were there disputes with these accounts?

Sometimes creditors will grudgingly remove negatives, but decide that it is easier to just remove the entire account. It lazy, but probably 1 button click instead of a dozen.  Also to me its always seemed like petty retaliation "Well if you don't want us reporting bad numbers, then you don't get our good numbers either!"

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

• BEST: the tradelines were deleted
  • WORST: Equifax split file (use searchbar on these forums for those fiascos)
  • SUCKY: tradelines muted during disputes but may pop back up in 30-75 days

If it's a split file, you're not going to be a happy camper, but I would be surprised if it is.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both accounts were in dispute with Capital One and I noticed the one I disputed with USAA is also MIA. I disputed over a month ago. I haven't received my paper results back from Equifax but online it looks like they completed the investigation and sent results as of yesterday...

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's good hopeful news!  Report back and follow this thread up in a month or so to see if they stay off.  Congrats if they do, that's massive!

My own rebuild never had a big punch like that, it was always 3 points this week, 6 points next week, and then 33 weeks later I was up a total of 150+ points.  Would kinda have been nice to get a 100 point jump!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I thought this was really weird and so I called Equifax and this is what they said...

I filed some disputes on 11/28/17, and the missing accounts (which like 20 of them are just gone) ALL responded to delete the tradeline......

I don't know what to think. I kept asking them if those would come back, the customer service rep said no.....

But I'm still paying on some of these accounts, so what then? Do they come back once I make more payments.....so confused...

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors resolve disputed accounts using E-Oscar from the credit bureaus.  The bureaus then take this input and put it into your report file (you can't see this part).

If an account is removed, they still can get the tradeline updat submissions but then they match it to a list of accounts removed.

Very good likelihood it won't report even if you continue to pay.

Congrats, that's a huge dispute success.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the disputes. Can you post an example of the letters you used?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I expect to see similiar activity from the other CRAs?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs have nothing to do with each other at all.  Zero.  Most of us who rebuild have one CRA who refuses to budge on one or many tradelines that others removed without concern.  My mean CRA is TU but someone else's might be EX.

The only way to know is to patiently wait and see and hope.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.