Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 point gains since July!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

100 point gains since July!

I've read a few posts on this site telling people that it isn't realistic to see such improvement in one's scores in such a short amount of time. Well, I say anything is possible.  I did all the work myself (with much advice and research on this site).  I didn't pay anyone to go out and take care of this for me.  The fact I did it all myself makes it even more rewarding.  I signed up on this site back in July with scores in the 500's.  Now I'm sitting in the mid-upper 600's.  Below is my roller coaster ride just since July. 

Your FICO® Scores FICO® Score Report    Date
TU 67010/3/2011   
5989/28/2011  
6019/19/2011  
5969/7/2011  
5938/29/2011  
EQ 65710/3/2011   
6159/28/2011  
6169/22/2011  
6229/19/2011  
6229/14/2011  
6229/12/2011  
5879/7/2011  
5618/29/2011  
5648/15/2011  
5618/5/2011  
5457/12/2011 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 100 point gains since July!

Wow, congrats!  That's a great improvement in such a short period of time. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
RW771
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome! Congrats! I'm hoping to see the same when I pull mine again at the end of the month. I've been sending GW's out left and right, but haven't gotten a Scorewatch update in weeks?? I just signed up a few weeks ago and thought I received a notification every week, but I'm gussing that's if something changes? Anways, congrats again, it's posts like these that keep me motivated!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 3 of 14
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

That is freaking fantastic! HUGE congrats!!!!

You are a HUGE inspiration to all of us rebuilders.

Message 4 of 14
dresnoone

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do this? I've been working to repair my credit and have not seen a drastic increase. One day I logged onto my account and saw my Eq had a score of 640, a couple of days later that score disappeared and I went back to fluctuating between 572-554. I don't know what else to do. Your scores are remarkable.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dresnoone wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do this? I've been working to repair my credit and have not seen a drastic increase. One day I logged onto my account and saw my Eq had a score of 640, a couple of days later that score disappeared and I went back to fluctuating between 572-554. I don't know what else to do. Your scores are remarkable.

I started with 4 choarge offs, 1 collection for one of the charge offs (all of these occurred in the summer of 2010).  I also had 3 old medical collections.  I wrote GW letters to the medical collections and they deleted.  I've paid ONE of the charge offs (I started with the smallest one) and when it updated it actually first lowered my EQ score by 6 points.  I was a little bummed about that.  When they updated the account they showed it as paid after charge off and updated the charge off date to the date of payment.  I GW'd them and they ended up making the entire tradeline positive again.  I have another post here about that.  I still have 1 CA that is a year old.  They won't return my phone calles or letters for PFD but they did validate.  I won't pay it until they agree to PFD.  And then I still have the other 3 CO's that are now over a year old.  I'll be paying them off one by one, smallest to biggest. 

GW's do work.  You just have to keep at it.  I'll also add, these accounts that went bad did so while I was deployed overseas.  My power of attorney fell ill and couldn't fulfill the financial obligations.  I did include that in my GW letters which may have helped me out.  And they did ask me to send in my Orders showing that I was overseas when the account went deorg.  So every case is different.  But the point is when you hear that they CAN'T change reported info, we know that's not true and you just have to keep plugging away. 

Message 6 of 14
dresnoone

That’s inspiring to hear. I chickened out and hired a credit repair company that asked for fees on top of a monthly fee and for six months I didn’t get anything accomplished. My last straw was the company evading my plan and negotiating everything at one time knowing I didn’t have the money to pay all of them at that time. When I took over and started negotiated my own debts and paid all of them in settlements in three months. I have one CA account left and two open credit cards one with a credit limit of $2000 and another with $1000. My score has still yet to improve beyond the 554-572 mark with all three credit reporting agencies. I have been bombarding the credit reporting agencies and CA/OCs with letters to update my account with the terms agreed upon nothing more, not even GW Letters. I didn't know how to use those and I was trying to get the debt payments over with. Thank you for sharing your story.

Message 7 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Outstanding !!

These stories are very inspiring to me still today.

Since I started my jouney last November, I have gained about 130 points on my EQ and more to come once I pay my util to under 50%

Keep up the good work !! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!!

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the supportive comments everyone!  I never thought I'd make this kind of progress and so quickly.  I thought any chance I had for buying a house was out of the picture for at least a year or two.  I'm a lot closer now!  I also went and pulled my TU FICO from Walmart as I had an old account with them and read you can still access your online account and get your score.  My TU FICO from walmart was 624.  That's quite a bit lower than my TU FICO from here.  And IF that's the one lenders are using, I'm definitely going to be working on bring that up so I'm on stronger footing when I do start mortgage app'ing. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.