cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

102 point increase!!! Thanks to everyone!

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

102 point increase!!! Thanks to everyone!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this board.  On 12/27/12 my EQ Fico score was 469.  As of 10 minutes ago it is now 571.  Yes, I know it's not an ideal score but without the help of the people on this board I would still be a 469 or less, trying to figure out how to improve my credit and feeling bad about myself.

Because of this board I have secured three credit cards and a line of credit.  I have spoken to creditors, goodwilled some collections off of my report and disputed zombie debt.  As of today I have 4 medical collections to pay off and one charge off from Rooms to Go (GECRB).  The last account will be paid with my tax refund because it is $2000.  Everything else is in the $100 range. 

Again, I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for me!! Thank God for this community and the constant encouragement and reassurance that has been given to me and others.  God bless you all and keep up the good work!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Re: 102 point increase!!! Thanks to everyone!

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 8
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Feels good, doesn't it? Thanks to this online community I'm up anywhere from 180-240 points across my reports. Keep plugging away and you will get where you want to go!

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 3 of 8
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That's excellent!

11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 4 of 8
parkman
Regular Contributor

Great job! I too have been working on my credit for about a year and I've gotten it from 570 (FAKO) to 675 (WM FICO.) I just want to let you know that if you ever feel down or like you'll never dig out of your difficulties, that it's a long road ahead, but recovery takes time, and don't give up. Good luck!
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 8
monieleazenby
Established Member

Congrats to you, I felt so ashamed and thought I was the only one going through credit situations, your score has increased a lot that is so awesome. I'm so happy for you and it really does encourage me because I'm just starting out. It's time consuming to reconcile a collection debt, student loan defaults, which today I just started the nine month program to get out of default, you know I am over whelmed, but I have to keep taking steps to get out of the mess I put myself into. Thank you for your story it is refreshing

Monie

Starting Score: 591
Current Score: 480
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Great Job!!!!

Message 7 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thank you very much for sharing. Credit is not an easy road but you seem to be on the right road. Keep up the good work. Thank you very much for sharing. Join us in the garden and let your seedlings grow.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.