Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 points away....

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

11 points away....

My credit score is at a healthier than past (660 Mid) but my wife is 11 points away...not in any rush but what can be done to raise her score??

She has two CO CC's that she maintains under 9%, a couple of baddies including 2 student loans which are current but with past trouble that won't budge. She just received an Enhanced Recovery letter with a Sprint account of $125 that I opened without her knowledge years ago. Should she dispute or pay and ask for goodwill removal?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 11 points away....

@Warrior2000 wrote:
My credit score is at a healthier than past (660 Mid) but my wife is 11 points away...not in any rush but what can be done to raise her score??

She has two CO CC's that she maintains under 9%, a couple of baddies including 2 student loans which are current but with past trouble that won't budge. She just received an Enhanced Recovery letter with a Sprint account of $125 that I opened without her knowledge years ago. Should she dispute or pay and ask for goodwill removal?

Did you open the Sprint account in her name?  

Does both CCs have a balance?  If so, pay one of them off and let the other post under 9%.  That may do the trick.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

I opened the Sprint account for a Hotspot about 4 years ago. I lost the card and never closed the account. The CC cards have very liw balances, like $50 total with low CL's.
Message 3 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Warrior2000 wrote:
I opened the Sprint account for a Hotspot about 4 years ago. I lost the card and never closed the account. The CC cards have very liw balances, like $50 total with low CL's.

You can always have her to ask Sprint to recall the debt and pay them directly.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 9
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Even if it was acquired by Enhanced Recovery?
Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Warrior2000 wrote:
Even if it was acquired by Enhanced Recovery?

Yes, contact Sprint and see if they will do that and pay them right away and then the collection agency has nothing more to report so they'll remove their tradeline. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Warrior2000 wrote:

Pay one of them completely off, let one report with like $20 or so, see what that does.  FICO dings you for balances across multiple cards and for no balances on any cards.  Max benefit is letting one post a small balance.  That might do the trick.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
hopeful14
New Contributor

I am almost afraid to give advise because I am fairly new to this but, if Enhanced Recovery hasn't reported it to the CRA couldn't you just pay it before they do report it?

Chase Southwest Airlines Card $5K, Capital One $3K, Discover It $1.9K, Barclay Rewards $1K, First Premier $300.00 Back to the garden on 06/14/14

hr>Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

She could file fraud.Smiley Frustrated

I'm assuming the account is reporting as a collection.  PIF and beg for removal.

Ask Spring to recall and pay them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.