Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

112 POINT JUMP!!!!!!!!

tag
UCStudent
Established Member

112 POINT JUMP!!!!!!!!

600 Club!!!

I got an email from Scorewatch saying my score has changed and I thought that was surprising since my score changed yesterday. A little background...I filed for BK on March 2nd had my 341 meeting last month and was officially discharged on June 18th. Had a bunch of debt for a 24 year old because of credit cards during college. It was nothing back in 2007 for me to sign up for student cards and get 2000 and 3000 limits. Long story short I realized I want to someday own a house and get prime rates for cars and etc. So I decided this would be the year I stopped feeling sorry for myself and get my credit out of the dumps. I checked my score and saw my credit was around 440 at the time of filing Smiley Sad but after hard work and trying to repair my life I got the email stating my credit score had improved. I check it and it went up from 488 to 600!!!!! That may not be exciting to some people but I thought I'd never see 600. Now to set my sights on 620 and continue working myself up the credit ladder. I want to thank these forums for giving me the courage to file bk and know that I could bounce back if I put in the work. I now have a First Premier card that is reporting as of June 1st which I already paid off and put in the sock drawer. Will I see significant gain with just one solid card or would adding another be more beneficial .

Starting Score: Jan 15 2013 EQ:424
Current Score: June 20th 2013 EQ:600
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cammyspot
Valued Member

Re: 112 POINT JUMP!!!!!!!!

Awesome, way to go in taking the proactive stance in getting your credit life back!

Starting Score: Jun 2012 TU 564 FAKO

Current Score:10/25/17 Fico 08 EQ 673, TU 647, EX 671

First Goal: 700's across the board

Message 2 of 8
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  That's a great jump in your score.  I'd recommend sticking with just the 1 card (and leaving it in the sock drawer).  You're still building your good habits.  The last thing you need is temptation.  

I know from personal experience that it's possible to get in trouble, clean up your credit, and then relapse into bad behavior and end up worse off than before.  It's not pretty when that happens.

Message 3 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

That is a fantastic jump -- and a very realistic next goal. Congrats for getting on a good track for your future.

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if I'd call that a jump.  I'd say it's a leap.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

E X C E L L E N T ! ! !

Message 6 of 8
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

great work.....

I'd also suggest getting a secured card through your local credit union or capital one and using that on a monthly basis and paying it off as your go - some some utilization, but keep it below 5%.....don't touch that First Premier card though, let it sit and rot.  You want to get the secured card ASAP so your AAoA is similar cause you'll want to ditch that First Premier once your annual fee is about to kick in again.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 7 of 8
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow! congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.