Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Months Post Chapter 7!

tag
jummbles
Established Member

12 Months Post Chapter 7!

I just passed my 1 year mark after Chapter 7 discharge and I am incredibly happy with my progress.  I lurk on here big time and owe much of my success to these forums!  Not only did I secure a new lease with BMWFS the very same month of discharge, but I've got 3 ccs reporting and I feel like I am well on my way to the 700s.  My CK scores are already there, but my FICO scores (see siggy) are on the way.  I check my scores daily and have worked SO hard.  I wanted to say a big thank you to everybody on here for your questions, help and advice.

I received a promotion at work in January and have been socking away big chunks of money each and every month.  I have no doubts in my mind that I will be ready for my FHA mortgage in 12 more months (2 years post Chapter 7 discharge) with a 20% down payment. 

The whole process has been incredibly humbling and I am so glad that I learned from the BK experience.  Thank you all again for your continued support on these forums. Believe it or not, you are saving lives here!!!!!! Smiley Wink 

I will continue to lurk as I start to prepare myself for the mortgage process.  I wish you all the best!!!

CH7 BK discharged 5/16
FICO 8 Scores: 5/16 (EQ 620, TU 557, EX 568); 6/17 (EQ 691, TU 665, EX 662) - 1% utilization

NFCU Secured nRewards - $1000
Ann Taylor Commenity - $500
Cap1 Quicksilver - $3,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 12 Months Post Chapter 7!

Congratulations on your progress! I am glad to see you are doing so well and your work is paying off.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.