Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 days late? Never received statements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

120 days late? Never received statements

Much to my surprise, I received a letter on December 23rd from Chase stating I was over 100 days late on a debt of $176.00.  Being that I never received any statements, nor any other correspondence, pertaining to this debt, I was quite shocked.  I always pay my bills on time and never had an issue like this. 

I called Chase immediately and paid off the debt.  However, I'm now incredibly distressed because I'm about to close on my home in 3 months.  I'm afraid I won't get the interest rate I was pre-approved for.  It's incredibly unfortunate. 

Any suggestions on what I can do?  Can I dispute the past due notices on my credit report? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: 120 days late? Never received statements

Hi...and welcome to the fourm.

What type of debt was this? Was it credit card debt?

Also...has this shown up on your credit reports? Did it ever show as 30 days late, 60 days late, etc.?

I think you can get better advice if you give us a few more details. Thanks.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-06-2010 08:48 AM
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I'm so glad I stumbled onto these forums.

It's a credit card debt.  I was using the card for roughly a year, no late payments.  Last payment was approx. May of 2008.  I put the card away thinking I'd only use it for emergencies.  Well, something was automatically charged to the account a year later on June of 2009 (webhosting company I thought switched to my debit card).  I have no record of statements for this card since May of 2008. 

Looking at my credit report now.  It reported late 30 days in August, 60 days in Sep, 90 days in Oct, and 120 days in November. 

The last time I looked at my credit report was July of 2009. I was pre-approved for our mortgage and 9 points away from getting a better interest rate.  I was sitting at 711.  And now I'm sitting at ~620. 

I finally received a letter from them on December 23rd stating the debt was about to be written off. 

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, very good news!

I wrote Chase a good will letter and mailed it off at the post office during my lunch today.  While driving home, I decided to give Chase one last call (my 5th attempt). 

And sure enough; the represenative was able to work with me!  He removed the entire late status from my credit report (should show 30-60 days across the board).  He's also mailing me a confirmation letter. 

This is a HUGE relief for me. 

Message 4 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, very good news!

I wrote Chase a good will letter and mailed it off at the post office during my lunch today.  While driving home, I decided to give Chase one last call (my 5th attempt). 

And sure enough; the represenative was able to work with me!  He removed the entire late status from my credit report (should show 30-60 days across the board).  He's also mailing me a confirmation letter. 

This is a HUGE relief for me. 

That's good news. I'm glad you were able to get some relief. This is also a lesson for everyone to check EVERY account regularly for activity even if you think nothing will be there. I check every account I have every day.

Every day without fail.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give everyone another update.

Looks like the removal is already coming off some of my reports.  Experian is now showing a score of 735 (from 626 with the 120 days late issue).  Very good news.  Hopefully the other two will get updated soon, too. 

Regardless, I'll be checking all of my accounts online every day now.  It may take a few moments, but I am never assuming anything anymore and I will avoid situations like this from now on. 

Message 6 of 12
newstart2010
Blogger

awesome!!  congratz!  I am glad this worked out so well for you!
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 7 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to give everyone another update.

Looks like the removal is already coming off some of my reports.  Experian is now showing a score of 735 (from 626 with the 120 days late issue).  Very good news.  Hopefully the other two will get updated soon, too. 

Regardless, I'll be checking all of my accounts online every day now.  It may take a few moments, but I am never assuming anything anymore and I will avoid situations like this from now on. 

It sounds like you got some very good advice from a very wise man!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

agreed!  Thank you!
Message 9 of 12
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Let me add...this is one of the reasons I am a believer in credit monitoring. Likely, a credit monitoring service would have notified you when the 30-day late first showed on your report. In that case, you could have taken care of this much sooner rather than later.

We read of so many messes on these boards that could have been prevented had people been alerted of the original problem. Many people think that credit monitoring is for identity theft issues. It's also for the messes we create ourselves.

I'm so glad you had a good outcome!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.