Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 days late but not 30/60/90

tag
AZgal15
Valued Member

120 days late but not 30/60/90

I have 2 accounts on my cr (one utility and one a loan) that are listed as being 120 and 90 days late. On the utility company account, there is no delinquency  reported for 30/60/90. It's listed as ok. The loan is listed as 90 days late but there is nothing reported as 30/60 days late. Is this something to dispute with the credit bureau or the company? I'm afraid that this will just prompt companies to then report the earlier late months and suddenly I have additional negative reports. The reality is that with the utility company I didn't know I was late until they called me 4 months later. I thought my account was on automatic payments so I didn't pay attention until too late. When I found out I immediately paid the bill in full and put my account on automatic payments. They also have me listed as owing $151 when in fact they sent me a check stating I overpaid by $151 and say  the account is open when I closed it in May. The loan is also closed, paid in full after collection, but is only listed in installment and not in the collection section. In the comment section it lists the account as payment after charge off/collection/paid account. Seems like three different things. How should I go about fixing/deleting these entries?

I'm just starting on this credit report repair journey so any advice would help. I especially want the utility company baddie deleted since it is my only late payment in over 2 years.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 120 days late but not 30/60/90

It is common not to report lower levels of delinquency.

It is not inaccurate.

The requirment is that what is reported cannot knowingly be inaccurate, not that all derogs must be reported.

Some creditors will delay reportihg until the account reaches a certain level, such as 60 or 90 late, and some will even dispense with reporting of monthly delinquencies, and only report once they do a charte-off.

You do stand a chance that a creditor will add the lower level of derogs if you dispute.

I would advise leaving it be.

Message 2 of 3
AZgal15
Valued Member

Re: 120 days late but not 30/60/90

Great. Thanks for answering. This was actually one of the things a credit repair company who was discussing my hiring them mentioned he would try to fix. Maybe I dodged a bulletnot going with him!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.