cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

126 point increase with Midland deletion!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 126 point increase with Midland deletion!

Congrats!.....Thanks for sharing...Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had zero contact with T-Mobile because they were of no help when the "debt" originated and thankfully never reported directly to the CBs. I first wrote Midland a letter explaining why I do not owe them or T-Mobile money (T-Mobile kept charging me after my contract was up and I had ended services). I told them I was going to file complaints with the BBB, CFPB, and both my and their states' AGs. Then I did. The complaints I filed had similar info re: why I don't owe them, that MCM was never able to provide proof of why I actually owed them money, and that they contacted family members, disclosing personal info regarding the debt. I stated that I wanted this resolved by them immediately closing the account, promising not to sell it, and deleting all reference to the account from all CBs. It took them 15 days to respond to the CFPB complaint and the. Another month to actually delete.

Congratulations, again.  Your situation is very different from mine.  (I'm not disputing the debt, just trying to GW delete after paying.) When you mailed Midland, did you use the address on the credit report?

Enjoy your increased score!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I did use the address from the credit report and they confirmed they received the letter in their response to my CFPB complaint.

Is your collection related to T-Mobile? If so, I've heard others successful in getting Midland to delete after CFPB complaints because of T-Mobile cramming charges. Even if you paid your debt, you could have overpaid (or overpaid when you were still a T-Mobile customer) due to this shady practice.

Message 13 of 16
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, that's pretty amazing!

Message 14 of 16
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...Is your collection related to T-Mobile? ..

Nope, it was a Home Depot/Citibank charge off. It was a valid debt (though way too high IMO, being mostly composed of late fees rather than purchase amt/interest) and I paid it off (settlement) before I learned about negotiating a PFD.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thats awesome. Congrats and thanks for sharing. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.