Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

138 point jump on Equifax in 9 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

138 point jump on Equifax in 9 days

First post after reading and learning from the many helpful posters.  Started out with over 7,000 in credit card debt that I had only been paying the mins on for almost 2 years.  Finally got the promotion at work to allow me to pay all of it off.  Started car shopping so I paid for the My fico score on May 10th and had a score of 708, got an update today and my score is now 846.  I was added as an AU on husbands high limit, no balance,never late card 3 months ago and I guess Equifax is finally reporting it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 138 point jump on Equifax in 9 days

@Anonymous wrote:

First post after reading and learning from the many helpful posters.  Started out with over 7,000 in credit card debt that I had only been paying the mins on for almost 2 years.  Finally got the promotion at work to allow me to pay all of it off.  Started car shopping so I paid for the My fico score on May 10th and had a score of 708, got an update today and my score is now 846.  I was added as an AU on husbands high limit, no balance,never late card 3 months ago and I guess Equifax is finally reporting it.

Do you have a spilt file?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I can tell.  The mortage is in his name since my credit stunk when we bought our house 10yrs ago.  My name is the only one that shows on my report.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos to YOU !!!

Message 4 of 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the great score increase, and even more importantly, congrats on getting rid of the credit card debt!!   Smiley Happy  It is such a great feeling to not be owned by the CC companies!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wisco girl and Ew800. Rewis 25, how can I tell if I have a split file.  I am looking to get a Mazda6 and Mazda/Chase use Equifax so I should be golden as far as getting the best rate.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.