cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$14k GW Letter APPROVED Thanks to the myFICO community!!!!

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: $14k GW Letter APPROVED Thanks to the myFICO community!!!!

Wow! A 14 grand spending spree I cannot believe you didn't file any charges! At the very least the debt is wiped clean and your credit reports are going to finally recover (if they haven't already). It must have been a good month for Discover, lol.

Message 11 of 15
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Wow, that's an incredible story. I'm happy for you and your grandmother getting that removed completely from your credit reports. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 12 of 15
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Wow, thats a amazing story! Made me happy that sometimes good people get a second chance. Smiley Very Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 13 of 15
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

did you file it as fraud or anything? I am sure discover is going to get their money one way or another lol! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 15
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

I am so happy for you and the progress you made on getting that cleared off of your reports! I had a VERY similar situation happen back in 2004, but it was my BANK accounts, not my credit card! Oh my... it was pure hell.

i am so happy for your happy ending.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.